Van Buren County
|Death: ||Mar. 12, 2005|
Olene Bowling Childs, of Little Rock, died Saturday, March 12, 2005 at Parkview Nursing and Rehab.
She was born in Formosa, Arkansas to the late Joseph Henry "Joe" and Sarah Ann Halbrook Bowling.
She was a member of 6th and Izard Church of Christ.
Mrs. Childs was preceded in death by her husband, Harold Childs.
Survived by her twin sister, Arlene Stobaugh of Little Rock, and several nieces and nephews.
Private graveside services were held at Pinecrest Memorial Park.
Officiated by John Gipson under the direction of Ruebel Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to a charity of the donor's choice.
Grandfather, Isaac Newton Halbrook and Grandmother, Roxie Ann Gordon Halbook Bryant.
Isaac Newton Halbrook was the son of Jefferson and Sarah Halbrook. He was born in 1854 and died Dec. 1889 at age 33. He was married twice:
1.Ann Suggs on January 23, 1874 in Van Buren Co., Arkansas. Ann died in 1876.
2.Roxie Ann Gordon on August 16, 1878 in Conway Co., Arkansas.
Isaac and Roxie was married 9 years and had six children:
(1) Sarah Ann Halbrook: (b.2/28/1878 d./20/1962) - Sarah married Joseph Henry Bowling. They had two children, Olene Bowling Childs (married to Harold) and Arlene Bowling Stobaugh.
(2) Charity Elizabeth "Lizzie" Halbrook: (b.10/1879)
(3) George W. Halbrook: (b. abt 1882)
(3) Joseph T. "Joe" Halbrook: (b.3/1884) - Joe married married twice, Lula V. (maiden name unkown) and Margaret Louise Mahan.
(5) Newton Halbrook: (b.1886)
(6) Mary Nora Halbrook: (b.6/1888)
After Isaac's death in 1887, Roxie married James Monroe Bryant in 1889 and they had 5 children; Mertie, Zellar, Cerrena, Ella "Ellie" and John Thomas "Johnnie".
Harold D Childs (1918 - 1973)*
Pinecrest Memorial Park and Garden Mausoleum
Plot: Section 2
Created by: mrscooper
Record added: Jun 16, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 38411537
Your Grandmother Roxie was my GG Grandmother. May we meet in Heaven.|
Linda Gaye Bell Cooper
Added: Jun. 17, 2009