|Birth: ||Jul. 11, 1814|
|Death: ||Apr. 17, 1852|
Wife of Gregory Biddle/Bittle (sic)
Mary Eckroate was born about 1816 (1814 in 1850 Census) in Mifflin Township, Columbia County, PA. About 1833 shortly after immigrating to Bethlehem Township, Stark County, Ohio with her parents, Mary Eckroate (4) married Gregory Biddle, a tanner by trade, born about 1807 in Ringsheim, Baden, Germany (Date of Marriage based onbirthdate of oldest child (in 1850 Census and St. Clement's Catholic Church Records, Navarre, Ohio).
"Mary Eggrot (sic) wife of Gregory Bittle (sic) died on April 17th 1852, age 36 Years " and was buried in St. Clement's Cemetery, Navarre, Ohio ("Catalog of Deaths and Burials in the Cemetery of the Catholic Congregation in Bethlehem", St. Clement's Records, Navarre, Ohio).
Mary Eckroate (4) and Gregory Biddle had eight children, seven boys and one girl. The seven boys are identified below from the 1850 Cesnsus; the girl born after the 1850 Census but before her mother's death in April 1852, I have not identified since I have not reviewed the 1860 Census. (WK-book, page 293)
1. Martin Biddle born about 1834
2. John Biddle born about 1836
3. Daniel Biddle born about 1838
4. Ambrose Biddle brn about 1843
5. George Biddle born about 1845
6. Stephen Biddle born 18th Dec. 1846 baptized 16th May 1847, Sponsors: Thomas Alles and Sarah Eckrod; Married 11th Jan. 1876 Maria C. Westrick, Witnesses: Gabriel and William Biddle, E. Westrick and Clara Liebsel. Stephen died 1924 and his wife brn. 1855 died 1882. Both are buried in Row 30, St. Clement's Cemetery, Navarre OH.
7. Gabriel Biddle born 7th September 1849 baptized 28th of October 1849, Sponsors: Gabriel Galli and Eleanor Ebe. Witness at his brother Stephen's marriage on 11th Jan. 1876. In 1860, Gabriel was living with his grandfather, Daniel Eckroate(3) and in 1880 boarding with the Westrick family. After 1880 he moved to Salina, Smokey Hill Township, Salina County, Kansas where he died single on 30th March 1933 at his residence on 317 East Prescott Street, Salina, Kansas.
8. Daughter (Biddle)
Information for his death certificate was supplied by his first cousin, Jacob V. Eckroat(5) (Jacob 4, Daniel 3, George 2, John 1) at that time also living in Salina. Gabriel Biddle #7 was buried in Mt. Calvary Cemetery, Salina, KS (St. Clements Baptismal Register, Navarre, OH:Death Certificate #285-3566) (WK-book, page 293)
William Kirkpatrick book "Eckroth-Eckenroth-Eckenrode Family" Published by Chris Pelikan 1987 Vol. 1 Vol. 2
Daniel Eckroate (1794 - 1864)
Margaretha Rebecca Eckenroth Eckroate (1793 - 1850)
Mary Catharine Eckroate Biddle (1814 - 1852)
Stephan Eckroate (1819 - 1873)*
Jacob D. Eckroate (1828 - 1890)*
Saint Clements Cemetery
Created by: Joseph
Record added: Apr 13, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 35851510
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.