|Birth: ||Sep. 7, 1818|
|Death: ||Jan. 21, 1901|
The Rev. William Wills LEE, "Billy," was born in North Carolina to
• John LEE &
• Elizabeth NEWTON. He was the younger brother of James W. LEE; their sister was Mary Jane LEE HOTCHKISS.
He became the husband, first of Hezekiah Ann ANDERSON (the daughter of Hezekiah B. ANDERSON & his wife Alley) in 1841, and then of Sarah Ann LOWTHER in 1858.
By Hezekiah Ann ANDERSON, Rev. LEE was the father of eight children:
• Davis Henry LEE, who was born between 1842 and 1846, and who married Tabitha Ann NEWTON (born 1850) in 1867,
• Sarah J. LEE, who was born about 1844,
• Mary E. LEE (1846-1911), who married Peter V. WOLFE in 1880,
• Lavinia F. LEE, who was born in 1847, and married Alexander Ase FARMER in 1890,
• Valeria LEE WILSON, born 1850,
• Lorena R. LEE, born 1852-1854, who became the first wife of Calvin H. WOLFE, Jr. in 1872 (they were divorced in Savannah)
• Laura A. LEE (1856-1917), who married Samuel Lafayette NEWTON, "Phate," in 1875 (couple buried in Chatham County), and
• William P. LEE, who was born about 1857.
By Sarah A. LOWTHER, Rev. LEE was the father of seven more children:
• George Whitfield LEE, born 1859,
• Rev. Joseph N. LEE, born 1863 and who married Mary Augusta MIDDLETON about 1892,
• Dr. Walter W. LEE, born 1866,
• Samuel L. LEE, born 1869,
• Henry C. LEE, born about 1871,
• Alexander Carson (name unclear) LEE, born about 1875, and
• Chalmers (name unclear) LEE, born about 1877.
Sarah A. Lowther Lee (1841 - 1905)
Mary E. Wolfe (1846 - 1911)*
Valeria A. Lee Wilson (1850 - 1941)*
Laura A. Lee Newton (1856 - 1918)*
George Whitfield Lee (1859 - 1905)*
Joseph N. Lee (1863 - 1940)*
Henry Charles Lee (1873 - 1939)*
In Loving Remembrance of
Father and Mother
Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord
They rest from their labors and their works do follow them.
Turkey Branch Baptist Church Cemetery
Springfield (Effingham County)
Created by: jrpv
Record added: Mar 09, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 34623054
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.