|Birth: ||Aug. 20, 1641|
|Death: ||Oct. 16, 1723|
The son of Richard & Anne (Loker) Newton, he married Elizabeth Larkin on June 5, 1666 in Marlborough, Mass.
She was born 7 May 1641 and was the daughter of Edward and Joanna Hale Larkin of Charleston Mass. She died in Marlborough 15 Oct 1719.
John was a proprietor, a farmer and called a "house carpetner" in his fathers will. In a deed dated 8 Sep 1718, John gave land to his grandchildren, Joshua, Sarah, Elizabeth and Mary, children of son Zachariah, deseased on 13 Apr 1719...John made his will. He named all children except Nathaniel and Experience.
1. John Newton 5 Jun 1667 of Marlborough, He married Hannah Morse b 7 Apr 1674 of Groton dauaghter of Joseph and Susannah Shattock Morse. Hannah died at Marlborough 10 Sep 1732, they had 13 children. I have their names and dates available.
2. Samuel Newton b 23 Dec 1668 at Marlborough, m 8 Sep 1688
at Concord to his uncles Isaac Newtons widow, because of puritan law, their marriage was terminated on 25 Aug 1690
before the birth of their second child. Samuel disappeared from Marlborough and was listed as "fell overboard and was drowned." Rebecca married as her 3rd husband before 1698 Philip Prat. She died at Pramingham 3 Sep 1728. As you can see, Samuel and Rebecca had two children whos name and dates are available.
3. Zachariah Newton b 25 Mar 1671 at Marlborough, m 24 May 1698 at Concord to Mary Axtell. He died in Marlborough 26 Feb 1717 and Mary died at Soughborough 13 Mar 1741. They had 4 children whos names and dates are available.
4. Elizabeth Newton b 3 Jan 1672 at Marlborough, m ca 1693 to Zachariah Eager. he died 5 Jul 1742. They had 10 children whos names and dates are available.
5. Thomas Newton b 27 or 9th Dec 1674 d 1746
6. Joannah Newton b May 1677 at Marlborough. She m 15 Apr 1732 at Framingham to Deacon Ebenezer Singletery on 2nd or 20th May 1732. She married a second time to James Brewer of Sudbury. Joannah and Ebenezer had 2 children who's names and dates are available.
7. Sarah Newton b Nov 1679 at Marlborough. m 18 Nov 1702 at Concord to Jonathan Rugg. They lived in Famingham and had 4 children who's names and dates are available.
8. Nathaniel Newton b 12 Dec 1680 at Marlborough, died young.
10 Experience Newton b 1 May 1683 at Marlborough. She married Michael Howlett in 1704.
Credits due to the Newton/Forsythe genealogy book.
Richard Newton (1609 - 1701)
Anne Loker Newton (1605 - 1697)
Elizabeth Larkin Newton (1641 - 1719)
John Newton (1667 - 1754)*
Thomas Newton (1674 - 1746)*
Experience Newton Hulet (1683 - 1774)*
Elizabeth Newton Dingley (____ - 1718)*
John Newton (1641 - 1723)
Daniel Sr Newton (1655 - 1739)*
Maintained by: Bonnie Huish
Originally Created by: Nareen, et al
Record added: Jan 07, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 32723374