|Birth: ||1613, England|
|Death: ||Feb. 21, 1683|
ARRVD MASSACHUSETTS 1636 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BAPTZ: 19JAN1613 PLACE: St. Margaret's, Ilketshall, County Suffolk, England
MARRD: 01SEP1647 PLACE: Haverhill(Pentucket), Essex County, Massachusetts
DEATH: 21FEB1683 PLACE: Haverhill, Essex County, Massachusetts
Samuel GUILE arrived(1636) in Massachusetts in company of older sister, Ann(b.1616) & brother, John(b.1618) settling in Dedham MA. There, Ann married James Allen(see Allen Genealogy published 1869 by Joseph Allen) on March 16, 1638 and late settled near Medfield MA. John lived & died in Dedham MA while Samuel left Dedham for Haverhill MA near the New Hampshire/Massachusetts border. Originally called Pentucket, Haverhill from 1675 till c1715 suffered from the depredations of Indians. Houses were built to also serve as garrisons on short notice and the men always had their guns at hand even on the Sabbath at devotions.
Will of Samuel Gill(Guile) of 16FEB1683: (Spelling & punctuation from original)
* This is the last will and testimen of Samuell Gill though week /yet/ in his perfit understanding.
* To my Son John I doe give my ox common lot as it is bounded with twoe ackers of medow lying in the pond medow between thomas whiters medow and daniel hendriecks medow with two commonadges.
* To my son /Sam/, I doe give my dweling hous orchard land agining thereto with the barn a pon it with two commonadges; with three ackers of land of ox common land lying over the way against my hous which I had of goodman swan.
* To my son efram I doe give my olde lot with the medow agining theirto wher I did formarly live; with two commonadges.
* To my daughter Sarah I doe give my third devition lot lying beyand Spicket River; my goodman sachalls land and my bed with all the furniture theirto; and fifty five pounds to be paied equally by my sons to /my dafter/ Sarah in corn and catell as can with in three years after my deses; it is to be understood eighteen pounds six shillings eight pense a pece.
* The fourth devishon land and the grate peace of medow lying in the pond medow with the Rest of the movables shall be equally devided amonge my three sons; and I doe mack my son John my exsecitor.
* /I give to my grandchild Judith page five pound to be paid by my executors/
* John Gill my son shall have hallf /the frut of/ the orchard for seven years not with sta/n/ing the former guieft and I doe mack choisse of thomas Whittier sener and stephen dow for to be oversers of the performance of my will, dated this 16 of Febery 1683.
Signed: Samuel Guile
Witnesses: Thos. Whittier, John Keyser, Wm. White
Judith Davis Guile (1627 - 1667)
John Guile (1652 - 1725)*
John Guile (1652 - 1726)*
Sarah Guile Thurston (1658 - 1724)*
Note: Cemetery Probable, But Uncertain ..Pentucket was original and perhaps only one existant in Haverhill at time of Samuel's death
Created by: H BRAUN
Record added: Jan 05, 2009
Find A Grave Memorial# 32656739
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.