|Death: ||Jan. 13, 1952, USA|
Only the father's grave is marked
105 Ranchitos Road
Mr and Mrs (Vila Landavazo) Garcia and their four children died from fumes accumulating in their home from an unvented gas heater.
Bertha Mae, 5.
Teofilo Landavazo of Gallup, Mrs Garcia's father, discovered the unconscious family. With him were her brothers Maurice and Alfonso who attempted to rescue them, dragging them out to the fresh air. A family dog was sickened but recovered.
Mr Garcia's family ran the Royal Upholstery Co. Mr Garcia's father died a few weeks later, the stress and grief of the tragedy said to be the cause.
Attempts were made to sue and charge various people and agencies for the deaths of the family.
Albert R Garcia (1920 - 1952)
Avila Landavazo Garcia (1925 - 1952)
Nancy Garcia (1944 - 1952)*
Bertha Mae Garcia (1947 - 1952)*
Ronald Garcia (1949 - 1952)*
Raymond Garcia (1950 - 1952)
Mount Calvary Cemetery
New Mexico, USA
Created by: AlbFirefly
Record added: Aug 24, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 29264472
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.