|Death: ||Apr., 1904|
TEX MNTD VOLS
William Ferdinand Etier was the son of Pierre "Peter" Etier and Jane Roberts. He was born 1825-1826 in Caldwell Parish, Louisana.
According to the marriage records for Louisana, William married Mrs. Mourrin/Mournin Todd on Apr 8, 1846 in Caldwell Parish, Louisana. They had 6 known children.
Apparently William F. then married a lady named Manirva[?] after this marriage. Three children born to this union.
The next marriage I find is to Mrs. Sarah Jane Maxwell on 12/2/1873 in Hunt Co., Texas. No Issue.
The last marriage documented was to Emilie Grant in Parker Co., Texas on 6/19/1877. No Issue.
I have documented the following children born to William F. Etier.
I believe these children's mother was Mrs. Mournin Todd:
1. William Henry Etier b. 10/22/1845 Louisana, d. 8/10/1910
Stephens Co., OK. Married Mary Elizabeth Cutbirth
2. Jane Etier b. abt 1846 in Louisana d. bef. 1865 in Fannin Co., Texas. Married her first cousin, Bennett Etier
3. Jacob Etier b. abt 1852 Texas d. [no other info]
4. Amos Franklin Etier b. 3/15/1854 d. 5/18/1934 Parker Co., Texas; 1st married Martha Jane Grant, married 2nd: Ruth Maxwell Anderson
5. Louise Myra Etier b. abt 1856 Hunt co., Texas [no other info]
6. Josephine Etier b. 1859 Hunt Co., Texas d. ??, m. Gustave Anderson in Quachita Parish, Louisana.
I believe the following were children of Manirva ??;
7. Boston M. Etier b. 3/22/1866 Hunt Co., Texas d. 10/31/1910 Dallas Co., TX m. 1st: Mary Louella Rahy/Raby, m. 2nd: Shirley A. Gresham Hart
8. Nancy Annie 'Nannie' Etier b. 4/14/1867 Hunt Co., d. 2/17/1955 Dallas Co., Texas; married 1st: Charlie Dietze, married 2nd: Uriah York Ballard
9. Henry 'Nap' Etier b. 1/16/1872 Hunt Co., TX d. 3/17/1917 Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. Married twice, 1st: Mary ?? married 2nd: Dolly ??.
William F.'s marriage to Emily Grant was a late life marriage and no issue to this union. Emily Grant was an Aunt to Amos Franklin Etier's wife, Martha Jane Grant. Emilie is buried in Texas State Confederate Cemetery. She used his Civil War service after he died to care for her.
William served CSA 1861 - 1865. He served Company H Regiment, 10th Texas Cavalry Sweets Brigade.
My Great Grandfather, Amos Franklin Etier had the posted photo I have added to this memorial for William Ferdinand Etier in his belongings. The photo was given to me by my Grandmother Bertha Sivera Etier Graves.
Emilie Grant Etier (1847 - 1922)*
Jane Etier Etier (1846 - 1865)*
Amos Franklin Etier (1854 - 1934)*
Boston M Etier (1866 - 1910)*
Henry N. Etier (1872 - 1917)*
Maintained by: Melba Riedel
Originally Created by: Sherill Thatcher
Record added: Aug 10, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28926081
For the father-in-law of the husband of my 1st cousin 3x removed.|
W. Loy Frisk Simmons
Added: Jan. 10, 2013
Blessings, William Ferdinand Etier|
Added: Mar. 20, 2011