|Death: ||Aug. 25, 1683|
The daughter and only child of DAVID & KATHERINE (HOSKINS) WILTON, the exact year or place of her birth is not known. "The Great Migration Begins" speculates that it is 1632. She married SAMUEL MARSHALL on May 6, 1652 in Windsor, Hartford, Conn. Capt. Marshall died in the Great Swamp Fight of King Philip's War in 1674.
Children known to me:
LYDIA (MARSHALL) HAWLEY, my ancestor
Mary died intestate, so the Court ordered distribution of her estate to the children as follows: to the eldest son, a double portion, & to the six others equal portions, and that the younger children be secure until they come of age.
The History and Genealogies of Ancent Windsor Connecticut: including
East Windsor, South Windsor, Bloomfield, Windsor Lockes, and Ellington.
1635-1891. Volume II. Genealogies and Biographies. By Henry R. Stiles
A biography of Capt. Samuel Marshall is given and a list of children
with his wife Mary (dau. Lieut. David) Wilton who he married on
6 May 1652.
1. Samuel, b. 27 May 1653; Bap. 7 Feb, 1657
2. Lydia, b. 18 Feb. 1655
3. Lydia, b. 3 Feb 1657; Bap. 7 Feb 1657. Married Joseph Hawley.
4. Thomas, b 23 Apr. 1659; died before 1674.
5. David, b. 24 July 1661; Married Abigail Phelps, 9 Dec. 1686.
6. Thomas, b. 18 Feb 1663; Married Mary Drake on 3 March 1685/6 (my ancestor)
7. Mary, b. 8 May 1667;
8. Eliakim, B. 10 July, 1669; Married Sarah Leet of Guilford, 23 Aug. 1704
9. John, b. 10 April, 1672; Married Abigail ________.
10. Elizabeth, b. 27 Sept. 1674
History of Torrington, Connecticut, From Its First Settlement in 1737, with Biographies and Genealogies. By Rev. Samuel Orcutt. 1878. Gives a similar list of children omitting 3. Lydia.
David Wilton (1608 - 1678)
Katherine Hoskins Hosmer
Samuel Marshall (1630 - 1675)
Lidia Marshall Hawley (1656 - 1732)*
Thomas Marshall (1663 - 1735)*
Created by: Nareen, et al
Record added: Jul 23, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28475529
Nareen, et al
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.