|Birth: ||Jan. 9, 1847|
|Death: ||Feb. 19, 1923|
Nathaniel "Corda" Pendleton was born January 9, 1847 in Turnback Township, Lawrence County, Missouri to William Monroe Pendleton and Nancy Anney Dunning-Pendleton.
"Corda" married Mariva "Revey" Burrow daughter of Joshua Burrow and Martha Neusum. Mariva was born November 29, 1846 in Tennessee, Lincoln County. They were married by Justice of the Peace, J.C. Jennings (Book ABC, page 289).
They were the parents of eleven children, six children lived to adulthood, all born in the Turnback Township of Lawrence County, Missouri.
1. Baby Son Pendleton - B/D 1866 buried Dover Baptist Church Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri.
2. Martha Ann Pendleton-Arnhart –B June 28 1867 -D July 7, 1953
3. Green "Son" Pendleton - B/D 1869 buried Dover Baptist Church Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri.
4. R.J."Son" Pendleton - B/D 1871 buried Dover Baptist Church Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri.
5. Lucy Jane Pendleton-Davenport-BDec 4, 1873 – D June 1, 1970
6. Baby Son Pendleton - B/D 1875 buried Dover Baptist Church Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri.
7. Alfred Porter Pendleton-B Nov 19, 1877 – D Feb 13,1931
8. Mary Alice Pendleton - B/D 1880 buried Dover Baptist Church Cemetery, Lawrence County, Missouri.
9. Nancy Mariva Myrtle Pendleton-Cline-Cain-B Feb 14,1883 – D Nov 25, 1953
10. Lula Caldonia Pendleton-Smith-Dahlman - B Apr 3, 1886 - D Jan 15, 1965
11. Carr McNatt Pendleton–B Oct 1,1887 – D May 14, 1972
Nathaniel Corda was a farmer and owned eighty acres of land in Section 3, Township 27 North, Range 25 West, near McKinley, Lawrence County, Missouri. He remained here until the age of 73 years, when he moved to Carthage to be near some of his children. He is listed among the early settlers of the area: W.W. Robinson, J.W. Pendleton, A.J. Jones, W.D. Pendleton, B. Cantrell, John Pendleton, N. McNeal, E.A. Jarrett, N.C. Pendleton, B.W. Thomas, Joseph L. Winkel and I.D. Galbraith.
A trading post was established near the center of dividing line in Section 11 and 12 on Highway 14 and T, and a store was built. On Oct. 26, 1891, the U.S. Postal Service appointed Josiah J. Lester as Postmaster, and the service remained there until Mar. 15, 1910, when it was discontinued to Marionville. A school was located here in the early life of the community, known as School No. 1. No doubt some of the Pendleton children attended this school which later became McKinley District No. 63. It has been closed many years. The Christina Church (Disciples of Christ) was organized in 1894. Today, only the old store building and church remain as evidence of a once thriving little community. Four homes are nearby.
Corda Pendlenton was in the Civil War, even though he was only 14 years of age. He was assigned to Home Guards, Private, company B, and ordered into service on Oct. 7, 1864 at Mount Vernon, Missouri, by General Holland. He was relieved from duty Nor. 15, 1864, serving a total of 39 days.
Mariva Burrow-Pendleton was nine years old when she moved with her family to Lawrence County, Missouri, about 1855. Since her father is not shown living with the family when the 1860 Federal Census was taken, he must have died in Tennessee before the family moved. Both of Mariva's parents were born in Tennessee; her mother, Martha, being born about 1805. In 1870, Martha and a blind daughter, Martha J., were living with Corda and Mariva, however, in 1880 they were living alone.
William Monroe Pendleton (1821 - 1909)
Nancy Anney Dunning Pendleton (1820 - 1892)
Mariva Burrow Pendleton (1846 - 1920)*
Baby "Son" Pendleton (1866 - 1866)*
Green "Son" Pendleton (1869 - 1869)*
R J "Son" Pendleton (1871 - 1871)*
Baby "Son" Pendleton (1875 - 1875)*
Mary Alice Pendleton (1880 - 1880)*
James Monroe Pendleton (1841 - 1918)*
John Willis Pendleton (1842 - 1920)*
George Washington Pendleton (1844 - 1914)*
Nathaniel "Corda" Pendleton (1847 - 1923)
Mary Katherine Pendleton Casto (1849 - 1916)*
Elizabeth J Pendleton Arnhart (1851 - 1896)*
Alfred Siegel Pendleton (1861 - 1935)*
Maintained by: Julie Wadlow
Originally Created by: Deborah Snyder
Record added: Jul 17, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28338371