|Birth: ||Apr. 18, 1774|
|Death: ||Jan. 25, 1847|
Edmund Pendleton, Jr., Of Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., eldest son and child of Edmund Pendleton, of White Plains, same county, and Mildred (called Milly) Pollard, his wife, was born, 18th April, 1774.
The estate, called Edmundton, was given to him by his great uncle, Judge Edmund Pendleton. He married, first, 23d August, 1794, Jane Burwell, eldest daughter and about the second child of John Page, of Caroline County, Va., and Elizabeth (called Betty) Burwell, his wife.
Edmund Pendleton had one child by the first marriage, viz.:
1. Elizabeth Page Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., about 1795; married, 18th April, 1817, John C. Sutton, of Norfolk City, Va. She died, leaving eleven children.
Edmund Pendleton, Jr. (his first wife dying), married, secondly, 16th May, 1798, Lucy, second child and daughter of Col. Hugh Nelson, of Yorktown, York Co., Va., and Judith Page, his wife.
The children by the second marriage were as follows:
1. Hugh Nelson Pendleton, eldest, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co.,Va., 13th April, 1800, removed first to Clarke and then to Wythe County, Va. He married, first, 20th February, 1829, Lucy Nelson, and, secondly, about 1840, Elizabeth Digges.
2. Mildred Pendleton, born at the same place, 21st March, 1802, married, 17th November, 1825, Edmund A. Pendleton, of Augusta, Ga.
3. Judith Page Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., 8th December, 1803, married, June, 1826, Robert H. Harrison, of the same county, and died leaving two children.
4. Dr. Francis Walker Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., 7th December, 1808, removed to Warsaw, Richmond Co., Va. He married, January, 1834, Sarah F., daughter of Daniel Turner, of Caroline County, Va.,
5. Rev. William Nelson Pendleton, born in Richmond, Va., 26th December, 1809; removed to Lexington, Rockbridge Co., Va., where he died, 15th January, 1883, aged 74 years. He married, in 1831, Anzolette Page, of Rugswamp, Hanover Co., Va., who died 15th January, 1884, just exactly one year after the death of her husband.
6. Robert Carter Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., 14th September, 1812; died single, at Uniontown, Pa., in 1836, aged 24 years.
7. James L. Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., about 1815; removed to Richmond, Va. He married, in 1840, Annalethia, daughter of Samuel S. Carter, of Richmond, Va. She died there in 1881. He died many years before.
8. Guerdon H. Pendleton, born at Edmundton, Caroline Co., Va., 4th April, 1817; removed to Clarke County, Va. He died about 1877, aged about 60 years. He married, 11th May, 1854, Jane Byrd, daughter of Mann Randolph Page.
~Genealogy of the Page Family in Virginia: Also, a Condensed Account of the Nelson, Walker, Pendleton, and Randolph Families, with References to the Bland, Burwell, Byrd, Carter, Cary, Duke, Gilmer, Harrison, Rives, Thornton, Welford, Washington, and Other Distinguished Families in Virginia; Richard Channing Moore Page; 2nd ed.; Publishers' Print. Company, 1893.
Lucy Nelson Pendleton (1776 - 1848)
Hugh Nelson Pendleton (1800 - 1875)*
Francis Walker Pendleton (1808 - 1865)*
William Nelson Pendleton (1809 - 1883)*
Robert Carter Pendleton (1812 - 1836)*
Gurdon Huntingdon Pendleton (1817 - 1878)*
Fork Episcopal Church Cemetery
Created by: EFB III
Record added: Apr 23, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 26231495