|Birth: ||Nov. 13, 1794|
|Death: ||Sep. 24, 1864|
Daniel Eckroat (Eckroate)/(Eckrode) is the son of George Eckroth and Anna Maria born Neyer/Neuer(Noyer/Neier/Neher). Daniel was born in Lynn township Northampton,PA Allemangel area.
Daniel was baptized 22nd of March (1795); (GR,Page 148; Records, Volume 8, page 356). Parents George Eckenrot a Catholic and his wife Mary (Neuer/Neier/Noyer/Neyer), a non-Catholic. Spnors to his baptisim were: Philip and Magdalen (Eccorod) Burkhart (Burkhart). (Goshenhoppen Registers (GR), page 158; "Records", Volume 8, page 366. (WK-book, page 289)
Daniel was brn. November 13th 1794 of George Eckenrodt and his wife Mary (Neuer), non-Catholic, baptised 22nd March (1795); Sponsors, Philip and Magdalen Burkhard. (GR, page 158; Records, Volume 8 page 366). (WK-book, page 289)
Note: Daniel Eckeroth was born 13 November 1794 of George Eckeroth and his wife Mary, non Catholic, Daniel's father died 1805 and Mary's 2nd marriage to widower Christian Henrich Jr. Mary then became Catholic as was baptised 22nd March 1795. Sponsors: Philip and Magdalen Burkhard. (Gosenhoppen Registrars, page 158; "Records", Volme 8. page 366).
Daniel's father passed away on 1805 when Daniel was a minor.
On December 8, 1830, Daniel and Margaret sold their property in Mifflin Township, Columbia County, Pennsylvania to Margaret's brother, Christian Eckenrode. and moved to Bethlehem Township, Stark County, Ohio, where their last two sons were born between 1831 and 1835 (1840 Census, Stark County, Bethlehem Township, page 214). One of these last two sons died by 1850; the other was identified as William, born about 1833 (1850 Census, page 217, Stark County, Bethlehem Township). (WK-book, pagea 290-291)
The 1820 Census shows that Daniel and Margaret had three children-two daughters and one son between 1816 and 1820. On October 7, 1825 their son Daniel Eckroate (4) was born; and baptized nine months later on July 6, 1826 at Trinity Church, Mountain Grove, Black Creek Township, Luzerne County, PA. (Friedens Union Lutheran and Reformed hurch Records; Mountain Grove, Black Creek Township Luzerne County, Pennsylvania; Raymond E. Hollenbach, 1963, page 6). The 1830 Census showed not only that their family had increased since the previous Census by three additional sons and one daughter but also showed that one of their oldest daughters had probably died sometime during the preceding ten years. (WK-book, page 290)
On December 8, 1830, Daniel and Margaret sold their property in Mifflin Township, Columbia County, PA. to Margaret's brother, Christian and moved to Bethlehem Township, Stark County, Ohio where their last two sons were born between 1831 and 1835 (1840 Census, Stark County, Bethlehem Township page 214). One of these last two sons died by 1850; the other was identified as William born about 1833 (1850 Census, page 217, Stark County, Bethlehem Township). (WK-book, page 290)
It should be especially noted that the 1850 Census (page 217) lists "Margaret, age 10" (born about 1840) as a member of Daniels' and Margarets' household. I believe this was their granddaughter Margaret Christine brn. Feb. 23, 1841 to Appalonia Eckrod; widow of their son George born 1820-1830 who died between June and October 1840 before the 1840 Census was taken. I believe that when Appalonias "Abbe) married Jacob Bartholomew as her second husband on Jan. 8, 1846 (Stark County Marriage Book B, page 262), Daniel and Margaret apparently took Margaret Christina, their granddaughter, into their household. Margaret Christina was also their goldchild since the had acted as sponsors at her baptism on May 13, 1841. (St. Clement's Baptismal Records, Navarre, Ohio). (WK-book, page 290)
Daniel's father George Eckroth/Eckrode/Eckroate)(2) eleven children in 1805 were: George(3), Anna Catharine(3),Christian(3) Peter(3), Jacob/James(3),Catharine Elizabeth(3), Polly(Mary)(3), then under the age 14 were; Daniel(3), John(3), Mary Barbara(3), and Carl or (Charles)(3).
At the request of their widowed mother on 16 August 1805, the Northampton county court appointed John Adam Henrich, the son of Christian Henrich Jr. as his guardian.
When Daniel's mother remarried 20-27 November 1807 to Christian Henrich Jr., they requested that David Zehner of West Penn Township (North of the Blue Mountain in what was to become Schuylkill County in 1811),be appointed as new guardian for the four Children that were under 14, these Eckroth children were: Daniel, John, Barbara, and Carl or (Charles).
In the year 1815-16 He moved to Mifflin Township, Columbia County were he married his second cousin once removed; Margaretha Rebecca Eckroth born Eckenroth was born on 19th April 1793. See bio: Margaret Rebecca (Eckenroth) Eckroate
Margaretha Rebecca, known as,"Peggy" Eckroth was the daughter of Christian Eckenroth's second wife, Maria Magdalen born Schlosser, the younger sister of Christian's first wife Catherine Anna.
Daniel and Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy" children are:
1. George B. ECKROATE brn. 1818 Married Appalonia (Abbe)____?She was brn. 1824 and George died around Sept./Oct. 1838-40 (Appalonia had a child named Margaret Christina Eckroat on February 23 1841) (father not named) at St. Clement's Catholic Church, Navarre, OH; Sponsers: Daniel and Margaret Eckroat. Appalonia/Abbe Eckroat lived with Daniel and Margaret Eckroat until she remarried on 8th of Jan. 1846 to Jacob Bartholomew. She had four other children with Jacob Bartholomew.
2. Stephan, ECKROATE brn. 1819 PA -24 Mar. 1873 married 1st 11 Aug 1842 Margaretha Magdaline Young (Jung) 1821.Jung was buried on July 15th at the Evangelical and Reformed (formerly German Lutheran and Reformed Church in Navarre,OH.) Stephen had 8 children by Margaretha Magdaline, all died but 2, one named Adaline. On his second marriage he marred Mary Loew brn. 1833 of Germany. He had 5 children by Mary and raised four children
Mary and Peter Saal had one daughter named Emma Matilda brn. 1878 OH. the daughter had married C. White
Mary Eckroate Saal born Loew is buried under the name (Mary Saal) See bio: Stephan Eckroate
3. Mary Catharine (Eckroate) Biddle brn. July 11th 1814 Mifflin Township in PA. She died April 17th 1852 in Bethlehem Township, Stark County, Ohio. She Married Gregory Biddle brn. PA
4. Daniel ECRKOATE brn. 1826 PA baptized July 16th 1826, Sponsors: George Kircher and Elizabeth Horlacher (Records of Friedens Union Lutheran and Reformed Church"- In Ohio he married Agnes Shanabrusch on 13th Jan. 1859 Agnes died 4th July 1912 in PA (Daniel was about 6/7 years old when they moved to Bethlehem Twp. Stark, Co., OH.) Daniel Eckrode died in Dec. 1876 update note: Died December 9th 1876 age 50 place of death 3rd Ward Canton...occupation carpenter...cause of death dropsy...residence Canton...Vol. 1-page 186.
5. Jacob D. ECKROATE brn.1828-29 Lucerne, PA 9th Dec. 1890 died on June 13 1853 in Nebraska married at St. Clements Catholic Church to Barbara Kleis 1829 Barbara died on 9th Jan 1880. See bio: Jacob D. Eckroate
6. William ECKROATE brn. 27 Jan. 1832 Bethlehem Twp.s Stark Co., OH -22 Apr. 1903 He married Elizabeth Keller born Nov. 1832. They moved to Jackson Twp. about 1862 and had ten cildren: Louis Francis,Eva Emalina,Josiah/Joseph Sylvester,John L., William Edward,Jacob Austin, Charles B. Mary J., George H., and one not identified.
7. Daughter in-law; Appolonia(Wife of George B.) She remarried Jacob Bartholomew in 1846. but was with Child Feb. 1841 of George. (She stayed with Daniel and Margaret Rebecca )
8. Granddaughter-Margaret Christina brn. 1841 (The daughter of the late George Eckroat and Appolonia.)
Daniel's grave at St. Clement's Cemetery location is in Navarre,OH. on the St. Luke's section. He is most likely near the section of the Eckroate plot in an unmarked or illegible marker.
Daniel Eckroth (3), (George Eckroth(2), Johannes Eckeroth (1).
Margaretha Rebecca "Peggy"Eckenroth 4 (Christian Eckenroth 3, Peter Eckenroth 2, John Eckenroth (1)
Please note: It could be a possiblity the 1st Generation as Johannes Eckenroth(1) brn.1700 AKA: "Joannes Petrus Eckerodt brn. 1700" rather than the Johannes Eckenroth brn. 1709. It is speculated at the moment of research but has yet to be resolved. (Would recommend further research on 1st Generation)
Update note: It is possible that John Diethrich Eckroth and Anna Margaret (Geddinck) is his father and mother.
There is also a possiblity below:
There is a possiblity that Johannes Henricus Eckeroth married Anna Margarethae Moeller in 1750 and that this may be the first Generation of the family as noted in earlier research. Or...(please see George Eckroth for further research)
It is also noted that Daniel's decendants spelled their last name, "Eckrode,Eckroate,Eckroade,Eckroad or Eckroat"
Please note for family history that they may have been called: Ickerodt/Ickerott/Eckerodt/Eckerott/Eccorod/Ecorod/Eckroth/Eckrode/Eckroade/Eckroad/Eckroate/Eckroat/Eckenroth/Eckenrode/
Check row 5 (St. Luke's or John's section) for their burials. Most likely one of the unreadable tombstones that lays on the ground or is erodded. (Any attempt to photograph this tombstone would be most welcomed)
(Check Christian Eckenroth,Daniel's second cousin, for further information on how they arrived to Stark Co. OH.)
In the 1860 Census: It shows that Daniel Eckrode; Aged 62 Had two children living in his household:
Margaret McCormick aged 18 and Gabriel Biddle aged 12.
Daniel is the son of George Eckroth (1740-1805)and Anna Mary (Neuer)Eckroth/Eckerodt/Eckenroth
George Eckroth (1740 - 1805)
Anna Maria Neier Eckroth (1750 - ____)
Margaretha Rebecca Eckenroth Eckroate (1793 - 1850)
Mary Catharine Eckroate Biddle (1814 - 1852)*
Stephan Eckroate (1819 - 1873)*
Jacob D. Eckroate (1828 - 1890)*
Peter Eckenroth (____ - 1818)*
George Eckroth (1782 - 1814)*
Christian Eckroth (1784 - 1850)*
Daniel Eckroate (1794 - 1864)
John Eckroate (1796 - 1871)*
Saint Clements Cemetery
Plot: He may be buried in East Union Lawn Cemetery nearby
Created by: Joseph
Record added: Jan 21, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 24083610