|Birth: ||May 3, 1725, Germany|
|Death: ||May 14, 1795|
Maria Margaretha Henrich born Schlosser? or possibility it could be Bewaehrt/Beerwerth/Berwerth/Boeberths or(Bibber)(Bieber)(Bevert/Bieber/Beaver/Beeber/Bewerts/Bewertz/Baver), is the wife of Christian Henrich.
Update note: I have also seen that her maiden name may be "Schlosser" but both maiden names have yet to be confirmed.
She takes on the fem. form of HENRICHIN or HENRICH (IN)fem.
Maria (Mary)Margaretha and Christian Henrich had at least seven children: Christian Henrich,Jr.,Elizabeth,Philip,John, Mary Magdalen, Eva Mary,and Anna Margaretha
Her tombstone reads:
DEN 3 MAY UND
DEN 14 MAY
Mary Margaret, died on May 14, 1795, and "was buried on the 16th near Sharp Mountain". The church record of her death states she was 71 years of age, but her tombstone still on the later homestead, states that she was born on May 3, 1725. According to local tradition, she was killed by an Indian in her front yard after she had shot a number of his companions. This tradition tells us that she was an expert shot and reported to have killed many Indians in her day.
Please Note: It actually shows "Den 3 May" rather than the "Den 6 May" or Den 3 (Maij)
Please Note: In Kreis Coesfeld in NRW Germany the Surname "Bibers" appears in the index as Pipers/Piepers/Piper/Beerwerth/Berwerth but has the same sound as Bibers/Piebers/Biber or Bewahr or Beaver
Christian Henrich and Maria Margaretha Henrich had at least seven children:
1. Christian Henrich,Jr. married 1st to Magdaline Bervertz on September 20, 1767, the sister-in-law of Christopher Eckenrode/Eckroth's sister. Christian Henrich Jr. then married 2nd to Widow Anna Mary(Marie)Neuer Eckroth (Widow of George Eckroth(2)of Lynn township)married 20-27 November 1807 marriage was solemnized at the Goshenhoppen Catholich Chapel on 31st of July in 1808. (WK-book, page 403)
2. Elizabeth (Henrich) Married 1st May 16, 1773 George Jacob Riffel who was shot and killed in May 1775 by Daniel Starr; Elizabeth's 2nd Marriage was to Andreas "Andrew" Greth/Grett/Gredt Andrew Grett Jr. on November 17, 1777. Andrew Grett Jr. was born on July 17, 1755 and who died October 4, 1811, age 56 years, 2 months and 15 days.
3. Philip Henrich married May 16, 1773 to Elizabeth Weibel; probably the sister of John Weibel who married Philip's sister Anna Margaret Henrich (Goshenhoppen Registers, page 105, "Records", Volume 3, page 382). (WK-book, page 403) They had children: Philip Adam Henrich, he is buried at Old St. Henry's cemetery, Moselem PA.
4. John Adam Henrich married Marie Barbara Spring. They had seven children and lived near Pine Swamp Rd. in Albany Township, Berks County, PA. Later moved to another area of PA. (WK-book, page 403)
5. Mary Magdalen (Henrich)married June 7, 1778 Henry Finck (Goshenhoppen Registers, Page 109; "Records", Volume 3, page 386). (WK-book, page 403)
6. Eva Mary (Henrich) married about 1768 to Adam Stahler (Goshenhoppen Registers, Page 36, and 64; "Records", Volume 3, pages 313 and 341). (WK-book, page 403)
7. Anna Margaretha (Henrich)1st married November 20, 1775 to , John Weibel by whom she had a daughter; Mary Margaret Weibel- born on August 16, 1776. (Goshenhoppen Registers page 60 and 108; "Records", Volume 3, page 337 and 385). John Weibel died between August 1776 and April 27, 1779, the date of Anna Margaret's (Henrich's) second marriage to Christopher Eckenroth/Eckenrode. I have not been able to determine what beame of their daughter, Mary Margaret Weibel. At the time of her mother's marriage to her second husband Christopher Eckenrode; Mary Margaret Weibel would have been almost 3 years old. Assuming that he was still living at that time, I have no doubt that Christopher Eckenrode would have welcomed her into his household in this census. For this reason, I believe she may not have survived to maturity, dying before 1790. (WK-book, page 403)
Please Note: In Kreis Neuwied Rheinpfalz,Germany, the name "Bieber" appears in the IGI-index.
Please Note: the Origin of the Surname meaning would be of that of "Bewaehrt"; meaning tried and true or proven trust worthy.
It is located in Albany Township. From Route 143 go 4 miles North of Route 1-78 Lenhartsville, Right on Spitzenberg Road. (Toward the Henniger Nursery).9 mile to Nursery Road. The site formally stood on the bank overlooking the creek North of the House situated on Nursery Road., .2 miles North (left)of intersection on a large size acreage.
William Kirkpatrick Book "Eckroth-Eckenroth-Eckenrode Family" Vol.1 and Vol. 2 Published by Chris Pelikan 1987
Christian Henrich (1715 - 1798)*
John Adam Henrich (____ - 1836)*
Anna Margaretha Henrich Eckenrode (____ - 1817)*
Philip Henrich (1752 - 1827)*
Elizabeth Henrich Grett (Greth) (1755 - 1838)*
Elizabeth Henrich Grett (1755 - 1838)*
Magdalen Henrich Fink (1756 - 1842)*
Asperum Collem Mass House
Created by: Joseph
Record added: Jan 17, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 24010979