|Death: ||Oct., 1823|
Wife of James Long.
Priscilla LASWELL was born ca 1766 in Fauquier Co, VA to Moses and Eleanor "Alley" LASWELL.
Priscilla married James LONG on 12 May 1790 in Franklin Co, VA James and Priscilla had 7 children:
1. Jane "Jennie" was born in Franklin Co, VA on 17 May 1791 and died in Bond Co, IL in Nov 1871. She married John SMITH, brother of James, in Harrison Co, IN on 12 Dec 1810.
2. Sarah "Sallie" was born in VA on 24 Feb 1793 and died in Bond Co, IL on 26 Feb 1860. She married James SMITH, brother of John, in Harrison Co, IN on 2 July 1812.
3. Thomas was born in Washington Co, KY on 6 May 1795 and died in Harrison Co, IN ca 1849.
4. Mary was born in Washington Co, KY ca 1800 and died in Morgan Co, IL on 25 Apr 1829. She married James B. WATSON in Corydon, Harrison Co, IN on 19 Dec 1816.
5. Peter was born in Washington Co, KY on 9 Aug 1804 and died in Bond Co, IL on 4 Apr 1891. He was married 4 times. Wives were: Elizabeth "Betsey" VINCENT, Mary Langston SMITH, Nancy TURNER and Martha DVIS.
6. John was born in Harrison Co, IN on 8 Jan 1807 and died in Sherman Twp, Putnam Co, MO on 8 Jan 1876. He married Isabella SMART in IL on 8 Feb 1825.
7. Eleanor was born in Harrison Co, IN on 18 Nov 1809 and died in Bond Co, IL on 15 July 1851. She married John BUCHANAN in Bond Co, IL on 31 July 1828.
James moved from VA to KY after March 1793.
James was on the 1800 Washington Co, KY tax rolls.
James was on the 1807 Knox Co, IN tax rolls.
James was on the 1810 and 1820 Harrison Co, IN census rolls.
James moved his family to Bond Co, IL in the fall of 1821. James and Priscilla's daughters, Jane and Sarah, along with their husbands, John and James Smith, had settled in the Smith Grove, IL area ca 1817. John was a nurseryman, known in the area as "apple John".
James helped organize the Smith Grove Baptist Church in Bond Co, IL in 1822.
Priscilla died in Bond Co, IL in Oct 1823.
James Long (1767 - 1828)*
Virginia Jane Long Smith (1791 - 1871)*
Peter Long (1804 - 1891)*
Smith Grove Cemetery
Maintained by: Marla
Originally Created by: teresar12
Record added: Jan 09, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 23873556
Priscilla, your family of Long's and their lives are very interesting. Your children and grandchildren were leaders in their communities and in their churches. May God bless you.|
Added: Sep. 24, 2013
Remembered with love.|
Added: Sep. 19, 2013
Added: Jan. 9, 2008