|Birth: ||Jul. 26, 1839|
|Death: ||Nov. 1, 1907|
Age 67. bd. Lot 63, Ezra Haner Lot. Fifth s/o Robert and Mary (Pratt) Soule. md. Oct. 30, 1861 Ellery Center, Chautauqua County, N.Y. by Elder Varnum - Hannah H. Haner.
Children of George Frederick and Hannah H. (Haner) Soule included:
1. Frederick La France "Fay" Soule. b. Oct. 30, 1862 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. May 1, 1947 Syracuse, N.Y. Age 84/6/1. Body prepared and shipped from Syracuse to Bemus Point. bd. May 4, 1947 Fluvanna Cemetery, Lot 244. md. Dec. 24, 1885 - Serena "Rena" Furlow. bd. Fluvanna Cemetery.
2. Lowelden H. Soule. b. May 1, 1865 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. Jan. 7, 1891.
3. Nancy Mary Soule. b. Dec. 22, 1869 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. Jan. 4, 1876. bd. Lewis Cemetery, Lot 63 on her grandfather, Ezra Haner's Lot.
4. George Frederick Soule. b. Jan. 23, 1873 Warren County, Pa. d. Jan. 25, 1873.
5. Leighton Alli Soule. b. July 18, 1877 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. Sept. 3, 1950. Age 73. bd. Sept. 7, 1950 Fluvanna Cemetery, Lot 38 Section 10. md. July 28, 1907 - Berdessa Lovella Sampson at her home. bd. Fluvanna Cemetery. After graduation from Ellington Academy he taught school at Ellington, Painted Post, Fluvanna and Ridgway, Pa Soon after his marriage he accepted a position as Boy's Director in the Y.M.C.A. at Painfield, N.J. After returning to Ellery he taught school for several years and finally bought a 400 acre farm near Randolph, where his later years were spent.
6. Lynn G. Soule. b. Aug. 29, 1879 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. Sept. 5, 1948 at his home. Age 69. bd. Lake View Cemetery, Jamestown, Chautauqua County, N.Y. md. 1903 - Clara Penhollow. He married again in 1914. At time of his death he had been retired four years, had been a carpenter since his youth and for several years he was a carpenter-contractor. Prior to retirement had been employed as a carpenter in the Chautauqua County Highway Dept.
7. Leon Luther Soule. b. Apr. 18, 1882 Ellery, Chautauqua County, N.Y. d. July 17, 1955. Age 73. bd. Pine Hill Cemetery, Falconer, Chautauqua County, N.Y. md. - Mary E. Race. bd. Pine Hill Cemetery, Falconer, Chautauqua County, N.Y. Leon Luther Soule was a carpenter by trade. Funeral services for Leon L. Soule, 73, of 164 Avalon Boulevard, W.E., who died Sunday, July 17, 1955, were held at 1 p.m. Wednesday from the Falconer Funeral Home. Rev, W. George Thornton, pastor of the First Methodist Church officiated. Burial was in Pine Hill Cemetery, Falconer. Bearers were Oliver Ellison, Raymond Soule, Leo Soule, Phillip Carlson, Austin Race and Walter Lindstrom. Attending from away were Austin Race, Essexville, Mich.; Mrs. Arnold Schulteman, Lansing, Mich.; Leo J. Soule, Chicago, Ill.; Fay Soule, Syracuse; Mrs. Frank Vought, Miami, Fla.; Mr. and Mrs. Al Mitchell and Mr. and Mrs. Dunkin, Erie, Pa.
George Frederick Soule went to Chautauqua County in 1859; went to South Port, near Elmira, to live in 1862. In 1867 the family went to California, a booming town in Missouri, but in consequence of the disagreeable climate returned within a year. In 1872 they removed to Spring Creek, Pa., but returned to Jamestown, where he continued to reside till his death as a farmer. He was connected with Post Sturdivant, Grand Army of the Republic, Kennedy, N.Y. and was a member of the local grange.
George Frederick Soule a descendant of George and Mary (Beckett) Soule who came to America on the Mayflower.
From the Jamestown Evening Journal, Thursday, Oct. 31, 1907: George Frederick Soule died this morning, aged 68.
His funeral notice a few days later states: ....the remains were taken to West Ellery and interred in the family lot in the Lewis Cemetery.
According to his pension file on the National Archives, he was born in Danby, Thompkins County, N.Y. July 26, 1839, son of Robert and Mary (Pratt) Soule.
He served as a PVT in Co. C., 141 N.Y. Vol. Inf. 1861-1863
Frederick LaFrance"Fay" Soule (1862 - 1947)*
Nancy Mary Soule (1869 - 1876)*
Leighton Alli Soule (1877 - 1950)*
Lynn G Soule (1879 - 1948)*
New York, USA
Created by: Dolores Davidson
Record added: Jan 02, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 23705124
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.