|Birth: ||May 8, 1803|
|Death: ||Jun. 9, 1881|
Rebecca Muck was the first child of George Muck & Mary Gander. In 1811, she moved with her parents and siblings from Virginia to Harrison County, Indiana. At age 18 she married on 25 July 1821 to Henry Keller II, son of Henry Keller & Margaret Snapp.
On 18 October 1837, 48 days after her father died, Rebecca's husband Henry died at age 48 of a stroke, leaving her pregnant, with five young children aged one to 15. Twelve years later, Rebecca married second on 20 December 1849 to a neighbor, widower Lawrence Pitman, a cousin of Henry Keller on the maternal Snapp side. The marriage was short-lived. They were living separately six months later when the 1850 census was taken in June; and they officially divorced in 1851, and Rebecca resumed the surname of Keller.
Henry Keller II & Rebecca Muck had eight children; Rebecca outlived half of them:
1. Jacob Keller 1822-1910
2. Mary Ann Keller 1823-1829 (named after her maternal grandmother)
3. Margaret Keller 1825-1835 (named after her paternal grandmother)
4. Elizabeth Keller 1828-1870
5. George Washington Keller 1830-1920
6. Eliza Keller 1833-1918
7. John Muck Keller 1836-1912
8. Samuel Henry Keller 1838-1851, died at age 13 of a wasting illness that left him little more than skin and bones. He is buried in the same Keller plot with his parents. Nearby rest his maternal grandparents, George & Mary Muck, and his sister Eliza's first husband, Arrison Windle, who died at age 22 on 15 July 1851, just a few months after their marriage on 24 April 1851.
Hottel-Gilmore Cemetery, also known as Keller Cemetery, is in Washington township, about four miles southwest of Corydon, Indiana. It should not be confused with another, larger burial ground in the area, which is called Hottel Cemetery.
George Muck (1771 - 1837)
Mary Gander Muck (1777 - 1849)
Henry Keller (1789 - 1837)*
Jacob Keller (1822 - 1910)*
Mary Ann Keller (1823 - 1829)*
Margaret Keller (1825 - 1835)*
Elizabeth Keller Crecelius (1828 - 1870)*
George Washington Keller (1830 - 1920)*
Eliza Keller Windle Bottles (1833 - 1918)*
John Muck Keller (1836 - 1912)*
Samuel Henry Keller (1838 - 1851)*
Plot: west side of cemetery
Created by: steven coulter
Record added: Nov 14, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 22901632