|Birth: ||Mar. 7, 1683|
|Death: ||Apr. 10, 1758|
Deacon Elnathan Brigham, b. Mar. 7, 1682/3 at Marlborough, Middlesex, MA. He was one of 8 children of Thomas Brigham (Mar. 9, 1641-Nov. 25, 1717) and Mary Rice (Sept. 19, 1646-May 1695). Elnathan's wife, who is buried next to him, was Bethiah Ward, his 1st cousin, b. also at Marlborough, dau. of William Ward and Hannah Brigham.
Elnathan Brigham and Bethiah Ward m. June 17, 1705 at Marborough, MA, with Elnathan's name errantly written as "(Jo)nathan" Brigham in the printed marriage record. They had seven children; the first five b. of record at Marlborough and the youngest two at Mansfield, Conn. after the family relocated to Conn.
• i. Uriah, b. Apr. 3, 1706 at Marlborough, MA and d. there an infant July 9, 1710.
• ii. Priscilla, b. Apr. 3, 1709; m. Jan. 2, 1725/6 at Coventry, Conn., Matthias Marsh. Four children recorded at Coventry, but likely others due to the years of birth betw. the two youngest and two oldest recorded children.
• iii Dinah, b. Aug. 31, 1711 and d. unm. Feb. 2, 1737/8 at Coventry, Conn.
• iv. Prudence b. Jan. 28, 1714/5; d. an infant at Marlborough Feb. 3, 1714/5.
• v. Lieut. Elnathan Jr., b. Apr. 7, 1716 and d. Sept. 2, 1802 at Mansfield, Conn.; m. 1) Mar. 12, 1741/2, Eunice Merrick and 2) Mar. 3, 1751/2, Hannah Crosswell.
• vi. Paul, b. June 30, 1718 at Mansfield, Conn.; d. May 3, 1746 at Coventry, Conn; m. July 1, 1741 at Coventry, Catherine Turner, who m. 2) Oct. 18, 1750 at Coventry, Benjamin Carpenter (Benjamin,4-3 William,2-1) of the Rehoboth, Mass. Carpenters.
• vii. Uriah, b. Nov. 3, 1722 at Mansfield (bapt. Jan. 16, 1722/3) and d. Jan. 25, 1777 at Coventry, Conn.; m. 1) May 22, 1745 at Coventry, Lydia Ward, and 2) May 28, 1754 at Coventry, Anne Richardson, dau. of Amos Richardson and Rachel Yarrington of Coventry.
Note: The above annotated data is chiefly from Vol. One of "The History of the Brigham Family." It includes a purported dau. named Jerusha, who "married 1729, Benjamin Robinson of Windham, Conn..." This is an error. Benjamin Robinson (Peter, Isaac, Rev. John), b. Feb. 23, 1703/4 at Tisbury, Mass., m. Jerusha BINGHAM, dau. of Capt Samuel Bingham and Faith Ripley (Hannah [Joshua Ripley], Maj. Wm., Gov. Wm. Bradford), b. Feb. 2, 1708/9 at Windham, Conn.
bio by Don Blauvelt
Thomas Brigham (1641 - 1717)
Mary Rice (1646 - 1695)
Bethiah Ward Brigham (1681 - 1765)*
Elnathan Brigham (1716 - 1802)*
Paul Brigham (1718 - 1746)*
Uriah Brigham (1722 - 1777)*
Gershom Brigham (1680 - 1749)*
Elnathan Brigham (1683 - 1758)
In Memory of
died April ye 10th
AD 1758 in ye 76th
Year of his Age.
On the day Elnathan died he was 75 years old, and Ætatis (i.e., Æ, "Aged," in the XX year of his Age) 76.
Maintained by: Patricia Brigham & Timot...
Originally Created by: Mary Harrell-Sesniak
Record added: Oct 11, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 22104881
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.