|Birth: ||Aug. 30, 1784, Germany|
|Death: ||Aug. 26, 1853|
1850 Shelby Co. OH Census gives a birthplace of Germany about 1781. Wife Margaret. Two sons listed were David and Squire.
If the death date is read from the tombstone as 26 Aug 1853, aged 70 years, 11 months, and 26 days, the birth date would be August 1782. However, family records indicate an 1784 birthdate so perhaps the death year on the tombstone is 1855. The birth date from family records has been used.
John Baker, Sr. brought his family from Germany in 1797. The family moved to Greene County, OH, in 1814 and to Shelby County, OH in 1832.
John Baker, Jr. married Margaret Bush.
1. Jemima Elizabeth b 1810 d 4-10-1859 in Ohio m Jonathan Francis
2. George Christopher b 1811 had son Aaron, both buried in Glen Cemetery at Port Jefferson, Ohio
3. Henry d near Sidney, Ohio
4. John Conrad, III b 9-9-1815 in Va. d 9-13-1896 m Elma Shinn d 6-23-1898
5. Jacob went to Logansport, Ind. before Civil War
6. Mary b 3-8-1819 in Va. D 2-13-1884 m Nicholas Staley b 5-14-1810 d 7-9-1894, both are buried in Glen Cemetery, Port Jefferson, Ohio
7. Lydia Ann b 1821 in Va. d 4-7-1857 m Benjamin Clement, had son George and a grandson Ben.
8. Isaac went to Logansport, Ind. Before Civil war.
9. David b 1-27-1827 in Va. married a Swander and had Welse and George
10. Squire b 6-4-1831 in Shelby Co. Ohio
Thanks for James R. Bell for providing family information.
Margaret Bush Baker (1788 - 1869)*
George C Baker (1811 - 1896)*
John Conrad Baker (1815 - 1896)*
Mary Baker Staley (1819 - 1884)*
Lydia Ann Baker Clement (1821 - 1857)*
David Baker (1827 - 1894)*
Sqire Baker (1831 - 1912)*
70y 11mos 26 days
Created by: J&D Peterson
Record added: Sep 26, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 21778237
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.