|Birth: ||Nov. 22, 1820|
|Death: ||Apr. 11, 1872|
William M. Layman was the son of Michael Layman and Sarah Storm. He was born on November 20, 1820 in Grayson County, Kentucky. He married
Rebecca Deweese, the oldest of 9 children of Leonard Dewees and Elizabeth Day.
William and Rebecca lived on the 100 acres on Bear Creek in Grayson County that was surveyed on November 10, 1846. They were the parents of five children:
1. Angeline T. Layman, b. 15 May 1847 - d. 3 May 1922 - m. Joseph A. Clagett, s/o Charles Clagett and 2/w Ruth Hoskins, on 10 Apr 1867 in Grayson County.
2. Mary E. Layman, born 1849, who died before 1860.
3. Isaac E. Layman, b. 1 Oct 1857 in Grayson County.
4. Sarah Palestine "Pallie" Layman, b. 27 Aug 1861/ d. 12 Jan 1960, m. 1882 to Charles W. Clagett, s/o John G. Clagett and Mary J. (Harrell) Barnes; buried Walnut Hill Cemetery.
5. Olivia Elenor, b. 26 Jul 1864 in Grayson - d. 28 Nov. 1912 in Grayson - m. Jan 1893 in Louisville to Francis Marion Self.
Rebecca Dewees Layman (1828 - 1881)
Sarah Palestine Layman Clagett (1861 - 1960)*
Old Caney Cemetery
Created by: VirJean Potter Bozarth (...
Record added: Sep 04, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 21353886