|Birth: ||Nov. 22, 1640|
|Death: ||Oct. 10, 1690|
Father: William Hannum, Mother: Honor Capen
Married in: Northampton Mass. Nov 23, 1659
Spouse: John Sackett,1632-1719
John Sacket son of Simon Sackett and his wife Isabel, is believed to be the first child of European descent to be born in Newtown (now Cambridge), Mass. In 1653 he became a resident of Springfield, Mass., receiving from the town commissioners a gift of four pieces of land. On November 23, 1659, he was married to Abigail Hannum, daughter of William Hannum (colonist), and his wife, Honor Capen, of Dorchester, Windsor and Northampton. A short time after his marriage to Abigail Hannum, John Sacket sold his land at Springfield and moved to property he had purchased some fifteen miles up the Connecticut River at Northampton. There he and his family lived until 1665, when he again sold out and moved to a farm he purchased near Westfield, on what are now called Sacket's Meadows. John Sacket was one of the original founders of Westfield, MA. This John dropped on "t" in the Sackett name and several generations of his descendants retained the one "t" spelling for Sacket(t).
Children of John Sacket and Abigail Hannum.
8. John Sacket, b. Nov. 4, 1660; d. Dec. 20, 1745; m. Deborah Filley.
9. William Sacket, b. Apr. 20, 1662; d. Mar. 28, 1700; m. Hannah Graves.
10. Abigail Sacket, b. Dec. 1, 1663; d. July 3, 1683; m. John Noble.
11. Mary Sacket, b. in year 1665; d. Nov. 19, 1667.
12. Hannah Sacket, b. Mar. 7, 1669;; d. Aug. 3., 1749; m. 2nd, Ben Newbury.
13. Mary Sacket, b. June 8, 1672, d. in year 1729; m. Benj. Moseley.
14. Samuel Sacket, b. Sept. 16, 1674; d. Nov. 8, 1709; m. Elizabeth Bissell.
William Hannum (1612 - 1677)
Honor Capen Hannum (1616 - 1680)
John P Sackett (1632 - 1719)*
John Sackett (1660 - 1745)*
William Sackett (1662 - 1700)*
Abigail Sacket Noble (1663 - 1683)*
John Hannum (1637 - 1712)*
Abigail Hannum Sacket (1640 - 1690)
Joanna Hannum (1642 - 1647)*
Elizabeth Hannum Bushrod (1644 - 1690)*
Mary Hannum Allen (1650 - 1704)*
Old Burying Ground
Plot: On Intersection of section A B west side of section
Created by: helenpatricia
Record added: Jun 22, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 20030491