|Birth: ||Jul. 10, 1802|
South Carolina, USA
|Death: ||Jul. 8, 1857|
s/o Anderson and "Fanny" Frances (Williams) Page. the 5th of 6 sons - Henry, James, William, Jacob, Joshua & Robert L Page.
m: "Sally" Sarah Hansford Wade 18 Oct 1821 in Cumberland Co KY. Moved To Henry Co MO Fall 1837. Joshua was a minister of the Christian Church and believed to be the earliest teacher in the area, teaching at the Pioneer school in Sherman Twp. just east of what became Wadesburg.
The following is from the bio notebook of his granddau, Harriet (Quick) Little - transcribed as she wrote it by Lela Koch:
"He was tall, weighed about 180 lb., had black hair and blue eyes. Had good health, stood pioneer life well. Educated by his mother.
Removals; South Carolina to Kentucky, to Tebo Creek , Henry county (Then Reeves county) in 1835 and into Bogard township in 1837. His fourth child , Mary Ann, was the first white child born in Bogard township. He entered 1120 acres of land from the government, 800 acres in Henry Co. and 320 in Cass co. He was a democrat in politics.
He joined the Christian church in 1833 and was baptized by Zachery Linville. He was Justice of the Peace. Became a pioneer preacher. Married 39 couples. Performed 5 marriage ceremonies in his own family. Baptized three of his own children.
His funeral sermon was preached by Abraham Stout on the text: I Cor. 15; 22 , 23."
Children of Joshua & "Sally"; all but Elizabeth born in what is now Henry Co MO:
1) Elizabeth McBee Page (1822-1823/ Cumberland Co KY.)
2) Dosha Palmore Page (1824-1875 m1 John Lebow, 2 ch, m2 Cornelius Quick, 8 ch)
3) Richard Anderson Page (31 Mar 1826-6 Apr 1881 m "Polly" Mary W. Rucker, 10 ch)
4) Frances Jane Page (1828-1846 unmarried, has double stone with grandmother Frances Williams Page)
5) William M (or Axel) Page (1830-1862 m Elizabeth Short, 2 ch - served with Confederate Army during Civil War, killed in Battle of Vicksburg as was his brother Benjamin. May have had a 1st marriage to Sarah Chitwood in 1851, Henry Co. )
6) Benjamin Franklin Page (1831-1865/Vicksburg MS -served with Confederate Army during Civil War, killed in Battle of Vicksburg).
7) Linville McBride Page (1833-1900 m: Sarah Jane Page, 11 ch; was a JP in Henry Co. A school built on his land was called "Page School" after him, was renamed the "Bunker Hill" School because of family feud after the Civil War between Linville's family -confederacy- and "Sandy Lowe's family - GAR/Union).
8) Joseph Henry Page (3 Feb 1835-5 Jul 1896 m1: Martha Missouri Blazer, 4 ch; m2 "Annie" Sarah Ann Thomas, 4 ch. Served in Confederate Service in Co F 16th MO Inf, was captured at Battle of Prairie Grove AK, held prisioner about 6 mos when he was exchanged. He then served with the 1st Missouri Brigate until Nov 30 1864 when he was wounded and captured in a battle at Franklin TN - he was held prisner at Camp Chance OH until May 1864 when he went to Fulton CO IN. He returned to Cass Co May 1866 where he was a Judge and had a distinguished legal career). He is buried at Lost Creek Cem., with his two wives, Mem #8199997.
9) Mary Ann Page (1837-1910 m: James Monroe Taylor, 3 ch. Mary Ann was first white child born in Bogard Twp., Henry Co MO)
10)"Emma" Delila Emeline Page (1839-1901 M: Israel Thompson Morlan
11)"Sally" Sarah Virginia Page (1841-1884 m: Luzan V. Barnes, 4 ch)
12)Amanda Haden Page (1843-1910 m1: James Jones, m2: John Massie. Her name also seen as Cassandra)
13)Unknown son b abt 1836-1840 included in 1840 census but did not appear in 1850 census, assumed to have died young. If he is buried in Page cemetery (est Oct 1841), no legible stone has been found/indexed.
Anderson Page (1768 - 1828)
Frances Williams Page (1763 - 1841)
Sarah Hansford Wade Page (1805 - 1875)*
Dosha Palmore Page Lebow Quick (1824 - 1875)*
Richard Anderson Page (1826 - 1881)*
Frances J. Page (1828 - 1846)*
William Axel Page (1830 - 1863)*
Benjamin Franklin Page (1831 - 1862)*
Linville McBride Page (1832 - 1900)*
Joseph Henry Page (1835 - 1896)*
Mary Ann Page Taylor (1837 - 1910)*
Delila Emeline Page Page - Morlan (1839 - 1901)*
Sarah Sallie Virginia Page Barnes (1841 - 1884)*
Amanda Hayden Page Massie (1843 - 1910)*
James Page (1794 - 1864)*
William Page (1794 - 1859)*
Joshua Page (1802 - 1857)
Robert L. Page (1804 - 1877)*
Hezekiah K. Page (1811 - 1883)*
Created by: LaDon Brennan
Record added: Jun 15, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 19912930