|Birth: ||Apr. 17, 1798|
|Death: ||Dec. 8, 1877|
William H. BARNETT
Married 19 Jan 1832 to Charity Newton SNIDER @ Hancock Co, KY.
-moved to Ohio Co. KY in 1833.
-Came to Fayette Co, IL in 1855.
-Came to Minonk, IL in 1874.
-His daughter, Rachel S. MORRISON is buried nearby in the same cemetery.
- There is a Bible belonging to Carl Brown, grandson of Sara A. Barnett The Bible is inscribed "William H. Barnett's Book."
Children: His 8 children were born in Ohio Co, KY before they moved onto Fayette Co, IL.
1. James Newton BARNETT bn 21 Mar 1833 near Pellville, Ohio Co, KY (near the Hancock Co line) md. 18 Aug 1855 Hickory Creek, Fayette, IL to Virginia Ann LYONS; d. 11 Jan 1912 Piedmont, MO. JNB md a Mrs. Mary ? from Minonk after Virginia died.
2. John Thomas BARNETT bn 21 Sep 1834 Ohio Co, KY; d 6 Oct 1916 (Wm H Barnett's bible says DOD is NOV 1916); md 24 Dec 1865 Fayette Co, IL to Elvira C. COUNTRYMAN. JTB buried Mile Cem, Piedmont. I only have them with one child: Margaret bn abt 1879
3. Robert Wickliffe BARNETT bn 3 May 1836 Ohio Co, KY; d. ?; md Malinda PERKINS 2 Oct 1859. RWB was Chief of Police in Sedalia, MO. 8 children.
4. Sarah Angeline BARNETT bn 1 June 1838 Ohio Co, KY; d. 29 July 1863; buried next to her mom at Harris Cem, Fayette Co, IL (photo of headstone posted); md (1) William MILLER (2) J.J. BROWN. JJB & SAB 2 boys, John & William. There is a bible belonging to Carl Brown, grandson of Sarah A. Barnett. The Bible is inscribed "William H. Barnett's Book."
5. William Snider BARNETT bn 5 Apr 1841 Ohio Co, KY; d. Kansas City, MO, date unknown; md Lois E. McCHESNEY in Woodford Co, IL (1900 Census lists her as Louise BARNETT.) They had 3 boys...Frank, Orville & C. Arthur. WSB served in Co B, 40th Infantry Reg, IL Vols. Family in 1880 Minonk census. Res.: 1900 .. Kansas City, Jackson Co, MO (3304 Tracy St.)
6. Mary Jane BARNETT bn 2 Aug 1843 Ohio Co, KY; md William M. MILLER 18 Mar 1866.
7. Rachel Susan BARNETT bn Ohio Co, KY 16 Apr 1846; d. 1917/1918 in Minonk, Woodfrod, IL; md. Charles MORRISON 1 Nov 1864; arrived in Minonk in 1874 in a farm wagon pulled by a team of horses. They had 6 children, 2 died at a young age...4 kids: Nora, Netty, Lillian, Dr. Winfield (Attended Minonk schools & practiced medicine there until his death. Member of the First Baptist Church). This family was referred to as visiting Piedmont & Poplar Bluff in some of our BARNETT letters. After researching this family on my trip, I was able to look up & surprise a cousin & gg gd/o RSB in the insurance office she runs in Minonk.
8. Margaret Melvina BARNETT bn 28 Jun 1849 Ohio Co, KY; d 1880 Long Point, IL; md 1880 to M. Scott TAGGART. (must have been some marriage...)Apparently died the same year she was married. Long Point is near Minonk.
Charity Newton Snider Barnett (1809 - 1863)*
James Newton Barnett (1833 - 1912)*
John Thomas Barnett (1834 - 1916)*
Robert Wickliffe Barnett (1836 - 1913)*
Sarah Angeline Barnett Brown (1838 - 1863)*
Rachel S. Barnett Morrison (1846 - 1917)*
Margaret Melvina Barnett Taggart (1849 - 1881)*
Minonk Township Cemetery
Maintained by: Don Rose
Originally Created by: Amy Robbins-Tjaden
Record added: Jan 23, 2007
Find A Grave Memorial# 17652027