|Birth: ||Jun. 6, 1881|
|Death: ||Jan. 27, 1971|
It isn't known where Frank and Alta met, but they were united in marrage in the home of Frank's parents east of Colesburg, Iowa in Delaware County. Frank was a man
that enjoyed life in full. At partied he like to jig and dance to everyon's enjoyment, and at home he enjoyed his card playing of which he requested his granddaughter to put a deck of cards under his pillow to be buired with him. In February of 1967 he recieved the grandfather of the year award for having the most grandchildren and great-grandchildren at that time. He was a well built man, approximately 5'10", 190 pounds.
Frank and Alta started married life out in a log cabin northeast of Colesburg, Iowa. The cabin was built by Frank and his brother Charley. They put a lot of time and hard work at this, cutting their own logs, squaring them up and notching them so hey could be put together without the use of nails. The cabin was a two story home, 16x20. One room downstaris and one room upstairs. Frank made their living as a laborer, later engaged in farming. They both worked hard at raising their family of twelve chidren, with no modern conveniences to make the job easier. Frank working the farm ground with his team of hores Jim and Prince, for 29 years; later in the last years of farming, his horsed were Badly and Tim. Frank was kept busy with his farm work, cutting their winter supply of wood with an ax, milking their small herd of dairy cattle by hand. Frank and Alta were happily married for 65 years, 11 months, 16 days when we had the misforture of losing Frank from a heart attack on January 27, 1971. He passing away on the way to the hospial on the Graham Road by Millville, Iowa, about the same place where my little brother was born two days before ( Dale Richard Bolsinger).
His wife was Alta Cole born February 8, 1888, died May 14, 1977, and they were married Feb 15, 1905.
Nickname was Frank.
They were the parnets of 10 children:
1. Lulu, born July 29, 1905, died October 27, 1992. Married July 2, 1923 to Lincoln "Pat" Odell, born August 2, 1892, died May 28,1949. Seoncd husband, married January 23, 1952, Ralph Robbins, born Febuary 1, 1914, died June 3, 1988. All bured in the Greeley Cemetery, Greeley, Iowa.
2. Clarence, born November 25, 1907, died December 4, 1982, married Aprial 14, 1930 to Eleanor I. Radabah, born May 21, 1919. Both are buried in Oak Hill Cemetery, east of Colebusg, Iowa.
3. Florence, born April 4, 1910, died December 16, 1968. Married June 12, 1926 to Arthur Davis, born, November 18, 1902, died July 3, 1977. Both buried in the Hopkinton Ciy Cemetery, Hopkinton, Iowa.
4. Elizabeth "Lizzie", born October 30, 1913, died January 14, 1966, married December 28, 1928 to Frank Billmeyer, born March 28, 1891, died February 2, 1949, bured in Oak Hill Cemetery, east of Colesburg, Iowa. Second husband, married August 25, 1949, Clarence Horstman born, October 16, 1910, died August 28, 1996. Lizzie and Clarnece are both buried in the Guttenberg City Cemetery, Guttenbeg, Iowa.
5. Addie Mae, born March 13, 1915, died October 25, 1991. Married June 6, 1936 to Robert Radabaugh, born March 9, 1913, died May 2, 1996( this is Eleanor I. Radabah's younger,and only brother, notice the last name has been changed, Addie though the name should be spelled how is sounded. This name of Radabaugh had serveal diffenet speilling, Robert's own uncle Tracy changed it too.) Both buried in the Bolsinger Cemetery.
6. Elmer, born March 1, 1918, married May 7, 1949, Lorraine Martin, born September 25, 1925.
7. Blanche Violet, born August 15, 1920. Married April 27, 1939, Joseph Stabler, born March 11, 1902, died December 11, 1983. Joe is buried in the Bethel Cemetery, Colesburg, Iowa.
8.Lorence Virgie, born April 11, 1923, Married March 7, 1943, to Iva Willie, born April 26, 1927, both are buried in Garber, Iowa.
9. Gladys Mary, born May 19, 1925, married October 12, 1944 to Willie Cole, born March 25, 1916, died October 6, 1989. Buried in the Fairmount Cemetery, Davenport, Iowa.
10. Glen William, born June 19, 1927, married October 29, 1949 to Patricia Leliefeld, born January 7, 1933, both are buried in Bolsinger Cemetery.
11. Irene Mae, born May 5, 1930, married March 10, 1949, to Leland Hansel born April 2, 1926, both are buried in Hansel Cemetery in Garber, Iowa.
12. Helen Louise, born March 14, 1933, married June 22, 1950, to Walter Bond, born March 1, 1926, died June 7, 1962, buried in Brown Cemtery, Colesburg,Iowa. Second husband married July 20, 1968 to Clair Cornwell born January 20, 1935.
Harvey Bolsinger (1844 - 1907)
Eliza Hoover Bolsinger (1843 - 1928)
Alta Cole Bolsinger (1888 - 1977)*
Lulu Mary Bolsinger Robbins (1905 - 1992)*
Clarence Edward Bolsinger (1907 - 1982)*
Florence Bolsinger Davis (1910 - 1968)*
Elizabeth Ann "Lizzie" Bolsinger Horstman (1913 - 1966)*
Addie Mae Bolsinger Radabaugh (1915 - 1991)*
Elmer Bolsinger (1918 - 2011)*
Blanche Violet Bolsinger Staebler (1920 - 2014)*
Lorence Virgie Bolsinger (1923 - 2004)*
Gladys Mary Bolsinger Cole (1925 - 2001)*
Glen William Bolsinger (1927 - 2002)*
Irene Mae Bolsinger Hansel (1930 - 2005)*
Mary Ellen Bolsinger Bloodsworth (1863 - 1896)*
George William Bolsinger (1868 - 1948)*
Sarah Jane Bolsinger Sheffield (1871 - 1941)**
Charles Jeff Bolsinger (1873 - 1946)*
John Clayton Bolsinger (1878 - 1892)**
Joseph Franklin Bolsinger (1881 - 1971)
Maintained by: Mary McCormick
Originally Created by: J Humphrey
Record added: Jun 08, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 14541407
thinking of you today grandpa, love you still|
Added: May. 24, 2012
Happy father's dad great-grandpa still love you Mary|
Added: Jun. 19, 2011
Added: Jun. 19, 2011