|Birth: ||Jun. 18, 1798|
|Death: ||Apr. 30, 1871|
Aged 73y 10m 20d
Hiram Walter Van Cleave was the third son of Samuel Munson and Elizabeth Wood Van Cleave.
Hiram married Paulina Mitchell on Aug 25, 1825 in Shelby Co., Ky. For the 1830 census, they had moved to Park Co., Indiana and remained there until moving to Monroe Co., Iowa in 1849. They had the following children:
1) Hiram William b. March 3, 1827 in Shelby Co., Ky - d. Nov 2, 1913 at Blakesburg, Iowa. He had three known wives. He married 1) Mary Nancy Carter on Oct 22, 1846 in Greencastle, Putnam Co., Indiana. She died July 31, 1859. They had six children. He then married 2) Nancy Ann Price June 19, 1963 in Jack, Tx. They had no known children, and possibly divorced before 1869. He then married 3) Amelia Hadley on March 8, 1869 in Texas. They had four known children.
2) Cyrus O. b. 1831 Park Co., Indiana - d. Nov 28, 1892 Monroe Co., Iowa. He married Celia Rebecca Radar on Sept 28, 1863 in Monroe Co., Iowa. They had six known children.
3) Newton Brown b. May 10, 1832 Indiana - d. Nov 28, 1915 Urbana Twp., Iowa. He married Hannah Rader in 1853. They had nine known children.
4) James A. b. Dec 15 1835 Park Co., Indiana - d. March 2, 1904, Lincoln Co., Oklahoma. Married Sarah Ann Tipton in 1870. They had five known children.
5) Ann Hopp b. 1845 in Penn - d. Adopted and raised by Hiram and Paulina. She married W.E. Cook.
The 1870 census shows Hiram and Paulina were living with their son James and his family on James' farm in Urbana Twp., Monroe, Iowa, 4 miles west of Blakesburg. Hiram died the following April of 1871 and Paulina died a year and a half later in 1872. Both are buried at the Blakesburg Cemetery.
Paulina Van Cleave (1805 - 1872)*
Hiram William Van Cleave (1827 - 1913)*
Cyrus O Van Cleave (1830 - 1898)*
Newton Brown VanCleave (1832 - 1915)*
Maintained by: Marcia Habijanac
Originally Created by: IRISH EYES ARE SMILING
Record added: Apr 05, 2006
Find A Grave Memorial# 13863156
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.