|Birth: ||Oct. 6, 1722|
|Death: ||Jun. 4, 1822|
According to author, John Meriwether McAllister who obtained his information from William Terrell Lewis in the GENEALOGY OF THE LEWIS FAMILY; chapter 7; page 131: "HANNAH, daughter of DAVID LEWIS Sr. of Albemarle County, VA, by his first wife Miss ____ TERRELL, was born in Hanover County, Virginia in 1722. In 1744, she married JAMES HICKMAN of Culpeper County, Virginia, where they resided until the 1784, when they moved to what is now Clark County, Kentucky. JAMES HICKMAN was born in 1724 and died in Clark County, Kentucky. HANNAH, his wife, died in the same county in 1822, lacking about four months of being one hundred years old. She was a pious member of the Baptist Church..."
HANNAH (LEWIS) and JAMES HICKMAN became the parents of nine children:
1. SUSANNAH HICKMAN, born 1745 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married JAMES BROWNING in about 1766 in Culpeper County, Virginia and died prior to 1790 in Havilandville, Harrison County, Kentucky.
2. DAVID LEWIS HICKMAN, born 22 December 1749 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married VIRGINIA CLARA McCLANAHAN in 1771 in Culpeper County, Virginia and died in Paris, Clark County, Kentucky in 1825.
3. ANNA HICKMAN, born 1754 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married STEPHEN HOLLADAY in 1733 in Virginia and died in Clark County, Kentucky in 1836.
4. HENRY HICKMAN, born 1755 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married PHOEBE BYRD EASTHAM on 21 June 1773 in Culpeper County, Virginia and died in Fayette County, Kentucky in 1804.
5. ELEANOR HICKMAN, born 1756 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married JOSEPH HILL and settled in Fayette County, Kentucky; she died in Darbyville, Pickaway County, Ohio in 1827.
6. RICHARD HICKMAN, born 5 November 1757 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married LYDIA CALLAWAY in 1786 in Clark County, Kentucky; served in the American Revolutionary War and rose to the rank of General; became Lt. Governor of Kentucky and served 20 years as a Senator in the Kentucky Legislature; he died on 3 July 1832 in Clark County, Kentucky.
7. JAMES LEWIS HICKMAN, born 18 December 1759 in Culpeper County, Virginia; married ELIZABETH "BETSY" BRYAN on 16 August 1794 in Lincoln County, Kentucky and died on 10 August 1828 in Lincoln County, Kentucky.
8. JOEL HICKMAN, born 10 August 1761 in Culpeper County, Virginia; served in the American Revolutionary War; married FRANCES GARETTA WILSON in 1786 in Culpeper County, Virginia and he died in Clark County, Kentucky on 16 July 1852.
9. HANNAH HICKMAN, born in 1763 in Culpeper County, Virginia ; married GEORGE L. HILL in Virginia and she died in Darbyville, Pickaway County, Ohio in 1854.
David Lewis (1695 - 1779)
Ann Elizabeth Terrell Lewis (1695 - 1734)
James Lewis Hickman (1724 - 1816)
Sasannah Hickman Browning (1745 - 1815)*
David Lewis Hickman (1749 - 1825)*
Richard Hickman (1757 - 1832)*
James Hickman (1759 - 1828)*
James Lewis Hickman (1759 - 1828)*
Joel Hickman (1761 - 1852)*
David Lewis (____ - 1787)*
William Terrell Lewis (1718 - 1802)*
Susannah Lewis Mackey (1720 - 1784)*
Hannah Lewis Hickman (1722 - 1822)
Sarah Lewis Musick (1724 - 1800)*
John Terrell Lewis (1728 - 1784)*
Joel Lewis (1730 - 1813)*
Elizabeth McGrath Lewis Martin (1754 - 1838)**
James Martin Lewis (1756 - 1849)**
Created by: Ron Stephens
Record added: Mar 27, 2014
Find A Grave Memorial# 126983148
Placed in honor of my 7th-great grandmother|
Added: Mar. 21, 2016
Added: Feb. 1, 2016
R.I.P. - a 7x-Great-Grand-Mother to Barack Hussein Obama, 44th President of the United States of America.|
Added: Oct. 6, 2015
|There are 2 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...