|Birth: ||Oct. 1, 1748|
|Death: ||Sep., 1802|
Everard Meade was the third son of David and Susannah (Everard) Meade, was born October 1, 1748.
He spent a large part of his young years at school in England, returning to Virginia about 1764.
He was a soldier of the Revolution, a Captain in the Second Virginia Regiment, Major and from 1778 to the close of the war aide-de-camp on the staff of General Benjamin Lincoln. He was a member of the Virginia convention of 1788 and one of the notable men of his day.
After the war he became Major General of the Militia.
Some of his and Mary Egglestons' children were:
1. Seth Hodijah Baylies Meade, b. 2 Mar 1789, Amelia Co., VA
2. Mary Susanna Meade, b. 1 Oct 1791, Amelia Co., VA
3. Benjamin Lincoln Meade, b. 17 Dec 1793, Amelia Co., VA
4. Charles Gennet Meade, b. 4 May 1796, Amelia Co., VA
Everard was first married to Mary Thornton when he was 18 years old and they lived at "The Hermitage" in Amelia County, VA.
Some of their children were:
1. David Meade, b. 10 Jan 1768, North Carolina?
2. Sarah Meade, b. 16 May 1770, North Carolina?
3. Richard Everard Meade, b. 1 Nov 1778, Amelia Co., VA.
This cemetery is located at "The Hermitage", the Meade home in Amelia County, VA.
Mary Thornton Meade (1749 - ____)
Mary Eggleston Meade (1759 - ____)*
Richard Everard Meade (1778 - ____)*
Seth Hodijah Baylies Meade (1789 - 1842)*
Benjamin Lincoln Meade (1793 - 1851)*
Note: A son David Meade & Susanna Everard
Meade Family Cemetery
Maintained by: deegraver
Originally Created by: Inetha Roberts (inactive...
Record added: Jul 20, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 11392015