|Birth: ||Jan. 21, 1783|
Wife of John Blanchard. She died before 1860.
1. Aseph Blanchard born October 3, 1800, Buffalo, Erie, NY, (see Utah Prominent Pioneers record), died September 23, 1878, Springville, UT. Aseph married Junietta Leonard, June 24, 1830, Ashtabula, Ohio. He married Eunice Elizabeth Thompson, Jan 19, 1841, Redford, Wayne, Michigan. Eunice was born January 15, 1824, Ossian, Livingston, NY to Thomas Thompson and Charlotte Rice. In 1850, Aseph, Eunice and their children were living in Decatur, Iowa. Her mother, Charlotte Thomspon, was living with them. They went to Utah in 1852. He was a High Priest.Black Hawk Indian War Veteran (see his photo)
Aseph #84502, Eunice #84828
2. Clarissa Arvilla Blanchard born 1804, NY, died 1871. Daughter (2nd child) of John and Clarissa. She married Julius Perry and S. W. Anderson.
3. Walter Blanchard born 1805, NY, died ?. Son (3rd child) of John and Clarissa. He married Roxanna Beldin and Sophronia Putney
4. John E. Blanchard born 1806, NY, died 1882. Son (4th child) of John and Clarissa. He married Orpha Root on July 17, 1831. He married Maria Richards on October 12, 1848.
5. Lodema Blanchard born 1809, NY, died February 16,1863. Daughter (5th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Frederick David Winegar.
6. Laura Blanchard born July 11, 1811, NY, died June 2, 1828, Farmington, Oakland Co, MI. Daughter (6th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Norton Lapham on April 5, 1827* She is buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Lot 198, Farmington, Oakland, MI (findagrave.com Laura #11703448)
7. Lydia S Blanchard born 1813, NY, died ?. Daughter (7th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Sylvester Buck in 1833. (ancestry.com tree)
8. Agnes Sophia Blanchard born March 9, 1815, NY, died May 27, 1873, Livonia, Wayne, MI. Daughter (8th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Norton Lapham on October 20, 1833, Farmington, Oakland, MI (widower of her sister Laura). Norton was born in 1805, NY. In 1850, Sophia and Norton were living in Livonia with their children Marshall (14), Laura (13), John (11), Milley (8) and Medora (4). In 1860, he was in Livonia. In 1870, Norton was on his farm in Livonia Township with Agnes and Medora. They had two farm workers living with them, Joseph Moon (50) from Prussia and John Spacy (30) from Ontario, Canada. Norton died January 1, 1886, Farmington, MI. Children: Marshall, Laura, John, Milley, Medora
9. Cynthia L Blanchard born 1817, NY, died 1862. Daughter (9th child) of John and Clarissa. She married Leicester U. Leonard in 1834. (ancestry.com tree)
10. Worthy Blanchard born April 4, 1819, Collins, Erie, New York, died August 13, 1885, Farmington, Oakland, MI. age 66, married, farmer (see death index). Son (10th child) of John Blanchard and Clarissa Ackley. Worthy married Mary Melissa Lapham (daughter of Asa Lapham and Sarah Allen) on February 28, 1839, Oakland Co, MI. Children: Franklin, Eli, Asa, John, Volney
11. Samuel Blanchard born May 23, 1823, Collins, Erie, NY, died February 18, 1894, Farmington, Oakland, MI. Son (11th child) of John and Clarissa. He married Hulda Sprague on December 31, 1850, Oakland Co, MI. She was born about 1823, died ? He married Caroline "Carrie" Lawson. Children: Josephine born 1853, Elsie Louise Gates 1861-1938, Clarissa A. Blanchard born 1870, Farmington and Oliver Ackley Blanchard 1876-1946, Detroit. In 1860 and 1880 he was living in Farmington. His occupation was listed as Huckster. In 1900, Carrie was a widow living in Detroit with her married daughter Elsie (Aaron) Gates. Caroline was born in Michigan about 1838. Elsie Gates born January 7, 1861, Detroit, died December 10, 1938, Eloise, Wayne, MI (death index)
In 1830, John and Clarissa were in Oakland Co. MI. In 1840, they were in Livonia. In 1850, she and John were living near their son Worthy and his family in Livonia.
In the 1860 census, John was a widower, living in Livonia, which means Clarissa died before 1860.
Daughter of John Ackley 1749-1820 and Mehitable Brown 1756-1813.
Parents from familysearch.org - submission id: MM7D-XRD
contributor: date: Saturday, May 14, 2011
person count: 9983
*Laura's marriage date from Robert B. Cook, Farmington's Historian.
John Blanchard (1777 - 1861)
Aseph Blanchard (1800 - 1878)*
Laura Blanchard Lapham (1811 - 1828)*
Agnes Sophia Blanchard Lapham (1815 - 1873)*
Worthy Blanchard (1819 - 1885)*
Created by: Chris
Record added: Apr 15, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 108570028