|Birth: ||Apr. 16, 1898|
|Death: ||Jan. 14, 1962|
William J. Appleton of Painesville, Ohio, died Jan. 14, 1962 in St Vincent Charity Hospital, Cleveland, at age 64. He was the son of Patrick J. and Jane (MURPHY) APPLETON. His wife, Virgel (Meredith) APPLETON born in 1898, died March 11, 1961 at Lake County Memorial Hosp-East, Painesville, age 63. Both were buried in Riverside Cemetery. William Appleton's father was Painesville Chief of Police from 1905 to 1939. His parents were buried in St. Mary's Cemetery, Painesville, Ohio.
* Kathleen Vito born June 14, 1925 in OH, died Oct 6, 2009 of Lexington, Fayette co., KY
* Mrs. Jeanette (Mason) Forman of Rittman, Wayne co., O.
* Mrs Margaret (Clare H.) VALENTINE died in 1989, her husband Clare H. VALENTINE died 1964; both buried in Riverside Cemetery, Painesville, Ohio.
* Mrs. Laura (John J.) BARNES Born 1896, died in April 23, 1986 at age 90 at home in Painesville; buried with her husband in St. Mary Cemetery, Painesville, Ohio.
* Mrs Mildred F. (Wm. Alfred) COLE of Chandler, Arizona
Virgel's mother Mrs. Hallie N. (BAUGHMAN) MEREDITH STUCKMAN of Chandler, Arizona, was born in 1876 in Ohio. Her 2nd husband, Melvin Taylor Stuckman Sr born Dec 21, 1877 in Elkhart, IN, died in May 1937 in TX and was buried in Beaumont, Jefferson County, TX. His son Melvin T Stuckman Jr born April 17, 1917 in Indiana, died July 29, 1994 of Hamshire, Jefferson, TX. Jr's wife, Iris Geneva (Vandenberg) STUCKMAN was born Nov 15, 1919 and died July 27, 1995 of Hamshire, Jefferson, TX and both are buried in Oak Bluff Memorial Park, Port Neches, Jefferson County, Texas.. Their son, Melvin Taylor "Butch" Stuckman the 3rd born April 13, 1941 in Jefferson county, Texas died 15 Oct 15, 2009 of Hamshire, Jefferson, TX.
WILLIAM'S FUNERAL was Wednesday, Jan. 17, 1962. Virgel's funeral was Tuesday, March 14, 1961 -both at St. Mary's Church, arrangements for both by the Mulqueeny & Son Funeral Home, 99 E. Erie Street, Painesville, OH.
Sources: Plain Dealer; Cleveland Necrology File, Reel #090; Social Security Death Index; Kathleen Vito's obituary, The Courier-Journal on October 8, 2009; etc.
Patrick J. Appleton (1871 - 1948)
Jane Murphy Appleton (1869 - 1947)
Laura M. Appleton Barnes (1896 - 1986)*
William J. Appleton (1898 - 1962)
Created by: Mary K. Ward
Record added: Mar 15, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 106730397
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.