|Birth: ||Oct. 23, 1848|
|Death: ||Dec. 5, 1922|
Andrew Jackson King, "Texas, Deaths (New Index, New Images), 1890-1976"
Burial Date: Dec. 7, 1922
Cause of Death: Heart Failure
Father: Washington King
2nd Great Grandson Dennis Smith writes the following BIO:
Reasons the "Cecelia King" is Selah Pennington King:
1. The most obvious is her headstone states, wife of A.J. King. She was married to Andrew Jackson King, 21 Jan 1868 in Jackson County, Kentucky.
2. After Selah Pennington Kings death Andrew Jackson eventually moved to Texas and remarried. He is buried in the Hollywood Cemetery in Houston Texas with his father only listed on his death certificate as Washington King, where in fact his father was George Washington King, I. Two of Andrew Jackson King's sons moved to the same area near Houston, Texas. George Washington King , II (son of Andrew Jackson King) , Texas death certificate list correctly, though spelled wrong, his father as Andrew J. King, Kentucky and his mother as Cecil Pennington, Tennessee. His other Son John W. King death certificate did not list his parent's names because the person reporting his death in Texas did not know. Daughter, Melvina King Wiseheart, who died in Kentucky, shows her father as Andrew Jackson King and her mother as Cecelia Pennington on her Kentucky death certificate. Finally, the youngest son Edmond Vincent King buried in Dallas, Texas, death certificate correctly shows his parents as Andrew Jackson King and Selah Pennington.
3. My great Grandmother Sarah "Sallie (nickname)" King Plummer is buried in Martinsville, Indiana. Her headstone reads "Sallie Plummer". By this no one would know she was really Sarah King, daughter of Andrew Jackson King and Selah Pennington King. They were fond of nicknames.
4. Selah "Cecelia" Pennington King is buried 5 miles from Bardstown, Kentucky in a Church Cemetery. All four of Sarah "Sallie" King Plummer's children were born in the Bardstown, Kentucky area. One being my grandmother.
5. Finally, written records with the family, the census and the internet shows Cecelia King being born as Selah Pennington and that she married Andrew Jackson King, son of George Washington King.
Selah Pennington King
Birth 11 Jan 1851 in Owsley County, Kentucky, USA
Death 9 Nov 1904 in Nelson County, Kentucky, USA
Prepared by: Dennis Smith
George Washington King (1816 - 1886)
Tabitha Elizabeth Burchett King (1817 - 1910)
Cecelia Pennington King (1851 - 1904)
Sarah J. King Plummer (1873 - 1928)*
James L King (1880 - 1908)*
Grace King Ward (1891 - 1946)*
John Burchett King (1837 - 1899)*
Daniel R. King (1840 - 1910)**
James F. King (1844 - 1898)*
Woodson T King (1845 - 1931)*
Andrew Jackson King (1848 - 1922)
Angeline King Pennington (1851 - 1915)*
Elizabeth King (1853 - 1888)*
George Dotson King (1855 - 1934)*
Sarah Catherine King Pennington (1857 - 1944)*
Note: The cemetery said that there is no marker on this grave. Nov 2013
Plot: Section d) Plot 194
Created by: MyrtisJane
Record added: Mar 07, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 106348586