|Birth: ||Feb. 3, 1941|
|Death: ||Jan. 29, 2013|
Marjorie Sue Shear, dearest wife and mother, took her first breath of Heavenly air at 3:24 pm, on Tuesday, January 29, 2013. She was born to Elbert and Zelma (Reece) Payne in Worthington, Indiana on February 3, 1941. She came to Christ at the age of eight in a children's service at Worthington Church of the Nazarene. She joined the church at 12, the earliest age allowed for church membership at that time.
She married Rev. Paul Shear on April 16, 1960. They went into ministry in 1965, and Sue did secretarial work for their ministry until the present time. In 1998, she was given the Distinguished Service Award by the Spencer First Church of the Nazarene. This is the highest award given by the Church of the Nazarene.
She was a past member of the Braysville Home Extension Club. She is survived by her husband of 52 years, Rev. Paul Shear; her son, Stuart (Marsha) Shear of Bloomington; her daughter, Paula (Steven) Jackson of Spencer and two grandchildren, Rosie Jackson and Landon Jackson. Her family was her life.
Funeral services will be held at 11 am, Saturday, February 2, 2013, at West & Parrish & Pedigo Funeral Home in Spencer. Rev. David Warren will officiate. Burial will follow at Chambersville Cemetery. Friends may call Friday 4-8 pm and Saturday 9-11 am at the funeral home.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Gideon's International.
Obituary courtesy of: Her family and West & Parrish & Pedigo Funeral Home
Some things our friends have said about Mom:
1. Ed Sparks: I am on the sad side of the passing of a dear sweet lady of God, Marjorie Sue Payne Shear, she has gone to be with the Lord above. She will be missed by a lot of people but I know she is in a better place than we can even think of. She was a very strong lady of God and it showed. I rejoice in the fact she knew our Lord and savior and that lifts my heart up. I pray for the family tonight and I ask all my FB buddies to do the same that God gives the family and the ones left behind the strength to continue on doing Gods work until we are called home. Marjorie we will miss you and I will see you again in the Gardens of Heaven...
I will miss her, she was a woman of God and I am so proud to have known her and the love she had for God in showed in her life and in her family. I truly have been blessed to have known such a great lady and one day I will get to rejoice with her in heavens glory. The family she leaves behind need not fear or be heavy hearted she's home with are heavenly father and she is help make us a home for when it is our time to join her. I thank the Lord for Majorie and making her such a strong woman of faith. God bless the family and I pray that God lifts their hearts up and makes their suffering and sorrow easier to bare. In Gods Love, Eddie Sparks
2. Lorrie Rumpf: Just found out I lost a member of my Facebook family. Marjorie Sue Payne Shear was a source of comfort and prayer for me when I needed her these past couple of years. She battled her own demons all the while encouraging me and complimenting me on my positive influence. Well Sue, it is you who taught me that God is good and he will provide if you put your faith in his hands. You are finally at peace dear friend and in the company of the man you so admired. Rest in peace my friend... Rest in peace....
Sue will forever hold a special place in my heart. She was a great friend and supporter. With all her aches and pains, she still found time to pray for me when I needed it the most. She was a true source of comfort to me these past two years during my breast cancer journey. I will miss her encouragement and beautiful spirit. My condolences to the entire family. Lorrie Rumpf
3. Sue Francis: I met Paula and few years ago as we both are huge Little House on the Priarie fans. Paula's parents adopted me as their daughter. With my parents gone, they became the prefect parents for me. They were there for me while I was going through Breast Cancer. So Mom say Hi to my Mom and Dad, and my sister Peggy for me. I love you and will miss you MOM.
4. Katie Shields: Just found out that my friend's grandmother died yesterday. I barely knew her but how my friend talked about her made her sound like an extraordinary woman. She had a strong faith and the most loving family I have ever seen. To anyone related to her I'm sorry for your loss. Rest in Peace Marjorie Sue Payne Shear.
5. Patrick Hendershot: May your family be comforted in this difficult time by the ultimate healing that Mrs. Shear has received. She was a very special person and we will all miss her charm, devotion to her family and optimism. Sincerely, Patrick
Elbert Dale Payne (1907 - 1991)
Zelma Rosalea Reece Payne (1912 - 1987)
James Edward Parsons (1931 - 1936)**
Neva Jean Payne Neal (1937 - 1986)*
Marjorie Sue Payne Shear (1941 - 2013)
Lebert Dale Payne (1944 - 1976)*
Plot: Taylor Addition, Row 2, Lot 3
Created by: Whispers From The Grave
Record added: Jan 29, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 104366243