|Birth: ||Dec., 1634|
|Death: ||Oct. 19, 1710|
New Haven County
Thomas Tuttle, second s. of William and Elizabeth Tuttle, bp. Jan. 4, 1634/5 at Ringstead, Northamptonshire, England. He d. Oct. 19, 1710 at New Haven, Conn. He m. May 21, 1661 at New Haven, Conn. (by Mr. Gilbert), Hannah Powell, dau. of Thomas and Priscilla Powell, b. in Aug. 1641 at New Haven, Conn. She d. Oct. 15, 1710 at New Haven.
The children of Thomas Tuttle and Hannah Powell, b. of record at New Haven, Conn., are shown below. It is specifically noted that the dates cited are from the published vital records of New Haven, not the Tuttle Genealogy, latter which has numerous date errors and failed to correctly recognize dates before 1752 when England converted to the current Gregorian calendar date system:
• i. Hannah Tuttle, b. Feb. 24, 1661/2, d. Feb. 17, 1718/9 at New Haven; m. circa 1685 at New Haven as his 2nd wife, Joshua Hotchkiss, s. of Samuel Hotchkiss and Elizabeth Cleverly. Seven children of the family.
• ii. Abigail Tuttle, b. Jan. 17, 1663/4, may have d. in infancy. Her burial place is unknown at this time.
• iii. Mary Tuttle, b. Jan. 14, 1664, d. in adolescence Aug. 12, 1683 at New Haven. Her burial place is unknown at this time.
• iv. Thomas Tuttle, Jr, b. Oct. 27, 1667, d. June 30, 1703 at New Haven; m. June 28, 1691 at New Haven, Mary Sanford, dau. of Andrew Sanford and Mary Botsford, b. Nov 16, 1668 at Milford, Conn. Thomas and Mary had five children recorded at New Haven. Following Thomas' death, his widow Mary m. Oct. 4, 1704 at New Haven, Ebenezer Frost with Mary having five additional children of record at New Haven, surnamed Frost.
• v. John Tuttle, b. Dec. 5, 1669, d. in 1735; m. circa 1700 at New Haven, Hannah Humiston (q.v. Hummiston per the written rec.), dau. of Samuel & Hannah (Johnson). Six children of the family. Their burial place is unknown at this time.
• vi. Esther Tuttle, b. Apr. 9, 1672, d. after 1724; m. Feb. 27, 1694/5 at New Haven, Samuel Russell, son of Ralph Russell and Mary Hitchcock. They had at least seven children, perhaps as many as eleven. The burial location for Esther is unknown at this time.
• vii. Caleb Tuttle, b. Aug. 29, 1674, d. Nov. 10, 1751 at New Haven; m. 1) Mar. 1, 1698/9 at New Haven, Mary Hotchkiss, dau. of Lieut. Samuel Hotchkiss and Sarah Talmadge, b. Jan. 1, 1679/80 at New Haven. They had 10 children before Mary d. Nov. 12, 1723 at New Haven. Caleb m. 2) Feb. 17, 1725/6 at New Haven, Hannah Butler, dau. of John Butler and Hannah Potter, and widow of John Todd. She was b. Oct. 14, 1685 at Branford, Conn. and d. Oct. 27, 1748 at New Haven. Two children of the second marriage. (The burial place of Caleb and his two wives is unknown at this time.)
• viii. Joshua Tuttle, b. Dec. 19, 1676, d. bef. 1760; m. 1) Feb. 26, 1710 at New Haven, Mary Bradley, dau. of Nathan and Esther Bradley, and widow of Caleb Mix; Joshua m. 2) Phoebe Lines, dau. of Ralph Lines and (the widow of Nathan Clark). (The burial place of Joshua, Mary and Phoebe is unknown at this time.)
• ix. Martha Tuttle, b. May 23, 1679, d. young Jan. 21, 1690/1. Her burial place is unknown.
William Tuttle (1607 - 1673)
Elizabeth Tuttle (1609 - 1684)
Hannah Powell Tuttle (1641 - 1710)*
Hannah Tuttle Hotchkiss (1661 - 1719)*
Thomas Tuttle (1667 - 1703)*
Caleb Tuttle (1674 - 1751)*
John Tuttle (1631 - 1683)*
Ann Tuttle Hurd (1633 - ____)*
Thomas Tuttle (1634 - 1710)
Jonathan Tuttle (1637 - 1705)*
Joseph Tuttle (1640 - 1690)*
Elizabeth Tuttle Edwards (1645 - ____)*
Simon Tuttle (1647 - 1719)*
Benjamin Tuttle (1648 - 1677)*
Grove Street Cemetery
New Haven County
Maintained by: Don Blauvelt
Originally Created by: Earl R. Loose
Record added: Jan 17, 2005
Find A Grave Memorial# 10337257
Added: Jun. 27, 2016
My 1st Cousin 9x removed "Do not be amazed at this,for The hour is coming in which all those in the Memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out" See you in the new system Cousin🌷|
Added: Mar. 25, 2016
Added: Feb. 24, 2016
|There are 9 more notes not showing...|
Click here to view all notes...