The son of John and Sarah (FURMAN) CLOSSON. Born about 1738. Name appears on the tax list of Warwick TWP in 1759. Married and settled in Bumstead TWP of Bucks Co, PA after 1759 where he continued to reside until the end of his life. Notes tell us that he attained a 'great age' but neglect to say how old he was, or when he died. He was buried at what was known at that time and until about 1920 as the Red Hill Presbyterian Church in Tinicum TWP.
The name of his wife is not known, but his children are said to be:
I. Elizabeth, born 1762: died May 15. 1847; married, April 14. 1784, Isaiah Warner, a member of the Warner family of Wrightstown. and a descendant of William Warner, of Blockley, Philadelphia.
2. John, see forward.
3. Rebecca, died unmarried.
4. Barbara, married Benjamin Clark.
5. Martha, married (first) Jonathan Harker. (second) Jonathan Keller.
6. Sarah, married (first) Samuel Shaw, (second) John Stover.
7. Alary, married Andrew Price.
8. Amelia, married Jacob Housel.
9. Thomas. married, September 8. 1796. Elizabeth, daughter of David Naylor. of Amwell.
10. William, was a merchant in Solebury township, 1797-1805; married. November 19, 1794. Sarah, daughter of George Wall. Esq., member of the supreme executive council of Pennsylvania; sheriff of Bucks county, and an incumbent of a number of other public offices; William and Sarah (Wall ) Closson had nine children, among them......
The information above is from the work "Genealogical and Memorial History of the State of New Jersey" Vol IV by Francis Bazley Lee c.1910. p 1420. Much more on this Closson family line is presented there. This work is available for free download at Archive.org.
Red Hill Saint Lukes UCC Cemetery
Created by: CC-Genealogy
Record added: Dec 04, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101696911