|Birth: ||Nov. 16, 1835|
|Death: ||Apr. 27, 1911|
Robert Nelson Long was born 11/16/1835 in a small bygone community named Greenpond, just a few miles north of Pearl, Pike Co, IL. He died on 4/27/1911 in Jackson Co, KS, at the home of his widowed daughter-in-law, Cora E. McClellan Long (who married Robert's son William W. (Wasson?) Long), his last residence.
Event: fed census 1870 28 JUL 1870 Montezuma, Pike Co, IL
Occupation: 28 JUL 1870 Farmer; real estate $10,000; personal $100
Residence: fed census 1860: 6/26/1860 Detroit, Pike Co, IL
Residence: fed census 1870: 7/28/1870 Montezuma, Pike Co, IL
Residence: fed census 1900: Logan & Solomon Townships, Sheridan Co, KS
Residence: fed census 1910: Jackson Co, KS, in home of widowed daughter-in-law, Cora E. McClellan Long who married Robert's son William W. (Wasson?) Long.
Robert married on 2/19/1857 in Pike Co, IL to Ann Ghent Sleight (b: 1832 in Lincolnshire, England).
Children of Robert Nelson Long and Ann Ghent Sleight: six known
1. Albert Nelson Long was born 11/14/1857 in Pike Co, IL, died 6/9/1934 in Twin Falls, Twin falls Co, ID, buried at Twin Falls Cemetery, Twin Falls, Twin Falls Co, ID, Plot: Grave: 6; Lot: 11; Block 71. He married Almeda Meda' B. Wire (b.12/3/1868 in Morrison, Whiteside Co, IL, d.11/17/1951 in Twin Falls, Twin Falls Co, ID, buried at Twin Falls Cemetery, Twin Falls, Twin Falls Co, ID Plot: Grave: 5; Lot: 11; Block 71). Fed Census of 28 JUL 1870: Montezuma, Pike Co, IL and attending school at that time. Fed Census of 26 JUN 1860: Detroit, Pike Co , IL. His occupation had been farming and real-estate.
2. Emily Francis Long was born 12/24/1859 in Pike Co, IL, died 3/12/1925 in Baxter Springs, AR. She married on 4/17/1883 in Montgomery Co, IL to George Byron Waggoner (b. 12/2/1857 in Waggoner, Montgomery Co, IL, d. 5/13/1928 in Baxter Springs, AR). George's parents were George W. Waggoner (b.10/8/1826 in Hardin County, KY) and Elizabeth Jane McCullough. His paternal grandparents were Adam Waggoner (b.1/3/1800 in Montgomery Co, VA) and Mary Ann Terry (b. ABT 1805 in Hardin Co, KY). His paternal great grandparents were David Waggoner (b. ABT 1771 in Botetourt Co, VA) and Mary Sirles (b. ABT 1775 in Virginia).
3. William W. (Wasson?) Long was born 5/1/1862 in Pike Co, IL, died 9/15/1908 in Mayetta, Jackson Co, KS, buried at Mayetta Cemetery, Mayetta, Jackson County, KS, Plot: # 1 Lot # 76 in Old Cemetery. He married Cora E. McClellan (d. 3/19/1952 in Jackson County, KS, buried at Mayetta Cemetery, Mayetta, Jackson County, KS, Plot: # 2 Lot # 96 Old Cemetery).
4. Charles Franklin Long was born 4/9/1866 in Milton, Pike Co, IL, d. 2/6/1940 in Litchfield, Montgomery Co, IL, buried at Elmwood Cemetery, Litchfield, Montgomery Co, IL. He married Sarah Clarissa McCullough (b. 1869, d. 3/?/1962 in buried at Elmwood Cemetery, Litchfield, Montgomery Co, IL, Plot: Block 30 Lot 02).
5. Robert Nelson Long, Jr. was born ?/?/1872 in Pike Co, IL, died ?/?/1944 in Hoxie, Sheridan Co, KS, buried at Hoxie Cemetery, Hoxie, Sheridan Co, KS. He married on 10/14/1914 to Eva Isabella Karnes (b.7/21/1884 in Kansas).
6. Hugh LeRoy Long was born 10/3/1875, Waggoner, Montgomery Co, IL, died 3/5/1939, Twin Falls, Twin Falls Co, ID. He married on 1/8/1899 to Myrtle Amy Rowlison (b.3/3/1879 in Peru, Nemaha Co, NE, d.11/29/1967 in Twin Falls, Twin Falls Co, ID). Her father was James Demetris Rowlison (b.4/3/1839 in Indiana). Her mother was Rhoda Walton (b.9/14/1843 in Deputy, Jefferson Co, IN).
John Franklin Long (1805 - 1882)
Ann Gaunt Sleight Long (1831 - 1907)*
Albert N. Long (1857 - 1934)*
Emily Francis Long Waggoner (1859 - 1925)*
William W Long (1862 - 1908)*
Charles Franklin Long (1866 - 1940)*
Robert Nelson Long (1872 - 1944)*
Hugh Leroy Long (1875 - 1939)*
Phoebe Jane Long Hall (1833 - 1909)*
Robert Nelson Long (1835 - 1911)
Mary Elizabeth Long Bowman (1848 - 1887)*
Louisa Jane Long (1849 - 1867)*
Sarah Martha Long (1852 - 1929)*
Plot: Lot 278
Maintained by: Bill Hahn
Originally Created by: Bill Schaefer
Record added: Nov 27, 2012
Find A Grave Memorial# 101356599