|Cemetery notes and/or description:|
- As of July 2015, this cemetery is in bankruptcy, there is a chain across the gates preventing access by vehicle, there are no longer employees in the office or on the grounds
- Family members are now responsible for mowing the grass and doing any other upkeep on their relatives graves (this past week a group of 100 volunteers spent quite a lot of time mowing, raking and weeding, however the news story did say they "trespassed" to do the cleanup)
- No new plots will be sold, there are about 200 open plots, where burials will be permitted, however the families and funeral directors will have to find and hire someone to dig the graves and do the burials.
- All records have been temporarily transferred for safekeeping to the West Mifflin Historical Society and are currently unavailable to the public
- Please do not enter photo requests if there is no specific location information under "plot" on the memorial, and be aware you are now asking someone to trespass in order to fulfill your photo request (this item was not in the news stories, but is my suggestion to prevent an even greater backlog of photo requests when there is no way of getting the plot info at this time).