Rhode Island USA
|Cemetery notes and/or description:|
From Westerly Historical Cemeteries:
HISTORICAL CEMETERY #: WY055 THIER CRANDALL GROUND WESTERLY RI
Location: 100 ft east of WOODY HILL RD
NOTE: Rev. Frederic Denison recorded this lot in 1867-8: This lies on the eastern side of the town, on the farm of Thier J. Crandall, Esq., east of the farm house, and some rods east of the highway, enclosed with a fence, in a pasture. This cemetery has been recorded but not checked.
CRANDALL GROUND (3): This lies on the eastern side of the town, on the farm of Thier J. CRANDALL, Esq., east of the farm-house and some rods east of the highway, inclosed with a fence, in a pasture.
* James CRANDALL, 1st, died 1792, age 62.
* Sarah (widow of James CRANDALL, 1st), died March 18, 1830, age 95.
* Lucy (wife of Thier J. CRANDALL), died March 23, 1864, in her 70th year.
* Johnathan R. NYE, died Jan. 7, 1856, age 46 ys., 6 m0, 6 ds.
* Hannah (wife of Jonathan R. NYE), died April 14, 1855, age 44 ys., 5 mo. 9 ds.
* Any NEY, died March 22, 1854, age 55.
* Ebenezer RATHBUN, died Jan. 2, 1828, age 88.
* Mary (wife of Ebenezer RATHBUR), died Jan 30, 1846, age 73.
* Here are more than twenty graves without inscribed headstones.
Thier Crandall was the grandson of James and Sarah Clarke Crandall
# Name: Theodaty James "Thier" CRANDALL
# Given Name: Theodaty James "Thier"
# Surname: Crandall
# Sex: M
# Birth: 4 Mar 1795 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
# Death: 29 Sep 1884
# Burial: 1884 Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Father: James CRANDALL b: 20 Sep 1763 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
Mother: Hannah CLARKE b: 28 Sep 1761 in Westerly, Washington Co., Rhode Island
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.