|Cemetery notes and/or description:|
This is a well-kept, rural cemetery.
1. From Highway 169, south of the Iola, Kansas (Highway 54) exit.
2. Take the Minnesota Road Exit from Highway 169.
3. Turn East for 3-1/4 miles to 2200 St.
4. Turn South on 2200 St. for 1-1/2 miles.
5. Cemetery on West side of road.
On July 7, 1879, David Ferguson and wife M.L. Ferguson, deeded to the Salem Cemetery Society one-half acre of ground. Party of the second part agrees to keep the same under fence.
Note: Most of the entries are taken from records of a cemetery canvassing done c.1980. Many stones that were there at that time are now missing in 2007. Photos of all existing stones have been posted to their respective memorials.
Located 5 miles East and 2-1/2 miles North from Humboldt, Kansas in the Southeast Quarter of Section 20, Township 25, South of Range 19 East.
|Photos may be scaled.|
Click on image for full size.