|Cemetery notes and/or description:|
Located near the Bralley Creek,
SE of Windom.
Step by step directions from
Alan Bouyssou as posted on
Fannin County TXGenWeb.
1. From Windom, head South on FM 1743.
2. From FM 1743, turn LEFT on FM 3470.
3. Continue on FM 3470 for .1 miles and turn LEFT on FM 3455 (a white rock road)
4. Continue on FM 3455 for 2 miles and turn RIGHT on FM 3485 ( a dirt road).
5. Continue on FM 3485 for .5 miles (past the old stone silo on your left).
6. At .5 miles, you will see what USED to be a road on the left and there you want to turn (you'll probably want to walk).
7. Walk for a pretty good distance following the former road (try to make it out by the tree line). You will come to a limestone creek bed (see photo below ). In the photo, if you look closely, you will notice at the far left side there are ruts from wagon wheels; that is the "road" you need to follow. Continue following the trail across the swimming hole/creek bed & through the woods.
8. You may notice, as you're walking, an old dried up creek or stream. There are remnants of an old bridge (pieces
of wood, etc.) to the right. Keep walking.
9. Not much further after that, the cemetery is in the woods to your left. It is very hard to find. It is overgrown and brushy. Watch for thorns and poison oak. It might not hurt to get an "old timer" to help you out!